Thompson Summer Program
This FREE program is designed for incoming first-year recipients of the Thompson Working Families Scholarship Program to help transition to BGSU and begin to connect, engage, and serve before the semester even begins!
This Program is designed to make the transition into University life as smooth as possible. The program features:
- Move in EARLY (if living on-campus) and have time to get settled into your new room/surroundings
- Make connections with other new Thompson Family Scholars, current scholars, and Staff
- Learn about scholarship requirements, expectations, and support
- Get acclimated to campus and key campus resources
- Set goals and develop a plan for a successful transition to BGSU
- Complete 4 hours towards your community service requirement
How to Register
Recipients of the Thompson Working Families Scholarship will receive a link to the application in an email sent to their BGSU email and applications will be accepted throughout the summer.
If you have questions, please be sure to join us during your SOAR lunch rotation. We will have reserved tables at the dining hall to interact with our incoming Thompson Family Scholars and their guests. You can also connect with us by emailing Mary Kay Inkrott or Kristin Payne or by phone at 419-372-5533.
Monday, Aug. 24
- 9 a.m. to Noon: Move in to your respective residence hall (if living on-campus)
- 3 - 5 p.m.: Check-in and light refreshments with Thompson Scholarship Programs (Family are welcome to attend!)
Tuesday, Aug. 25
- Throughout the day: Activities/programming designed to help support your success and make connections with Thompson Family Scholars and TFS Staff
Wednesday, Aug. 26
- Throughout day: Scholarship orientation and continued programming to set you on the path for success as a BGSU student and Thompson Family Scholar
Thursday, Aug. 27
- Day: Volunteer as a group to assist with First-year Student Move-in Day
- Evening: Transition into BGSU first-year welcome activities
Friday - Sunday, Aug. 28 - 30
- Follow BGSU first-year welcome activities/schedule