The Center for Faculty Excellence is proud to host book clubs that allow instrucors in the BGSU teaching community to engage in interdisciplinary discussions with colleagues around books on the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Each academic year, the Center for Faculty Excellence works with our Faculty Associates to develop and deliver innovative and timely Learning Communities. The CFE Learning Communities are available to any member of the BGSU teaching community. Learning Communities (LCs) are groups of six to ten instrcutors who meet regularly to work together in an active, collaborative program for an extended period of time, to create connections and solve problems.
Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) Sponosored Communities
CFE Sponsored Communities are book clubs and learning communities lead by members of the BGSU Teaching Community who are not associated with the CFE. The CFE sponsors these communities by providing logistical and advertising support to promote engagement across campus.
Learning Community Objectives
- Describe the principles of gameful learning and its application in a variety of classroom modalities.
- Describe the connections between gameful learning and inclusive pedagogical practices.
- Apply gameful learning principles to an activity, lesson, or assignment.
- Implement a gameful activity, lesson, or assignment.
- Reflect on the outcome of your implementation taking into account student learning.
- Teaching & Learning Summit group presentation outlining experiences with the implementation of gameful learning practices in participant courses
Updated: 06/27/2022 09:52AM