Student Affairs Advisory Committee
To advise the Division of Student Affairs in dealing with all non-academic matters related to the general welfare of the student population.
The Student Affairs Advisory Board shall advise on:
- policies related to the establishment and continuance of all student social organizations;
- policies related to the initiation and implementation of student services;
- policies related to the initiation and implementation of cultural programs of significant student and University community interest;
- policies pertaining to regulations affecting the rights and responsibilities of students, including residence hall regulations;
- changes in the Student Code;
- procedures and organization for hearing and adjudicating student grievances, not otherwise provided for in the Student Code or other academic appeal procedures;
- policies related to any aspect of non-academic student life not specifically mentioned in the above functions and not within the purview of other duly recognized University councils or committees.
- Three elected faculty members;
- One additional faculty member in first four years, appointed by the Committee on Committees for a one-year term;
- Two undergraduate students appointed by USG for one-year terms;
- One graduate students appointed by GSS for a one-year term;
- Two administrative staff from the Division of Student Affairs, elected by the Division of Student Affairs for a two-year terms.
- Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dean of Students
The chair shall be elected from among the elected faculty members.
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
The undergraduate student representatives should include a representation of minorities and women. Three of the elected faculty members must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate (Academic Charter, Article V.B.)
All elected, appointed and ex officio members have full voting rights. Consultants are non-voting members. (Academic Charter, Article V.B.)