Funding Opportunities for Graduate Students
The Graduate Student Senate sponsors the GSS Funding for Professional Development designed to assist graduate students with the expenses associated with attending conferences, seminars, tours, research trips, career fairs, and similar professional development experiences. FPD may also be used to fund accredited professional memberships. Complete guidelines and description of the FPD process can be found here.
FPD Request Dates and Deadlines:
- Application Deadline – Thursday, February 14, 2019 by 11:59 pm. The application is now live on the GSS Canvas site under "Modules"
Other information on funding sources, scholarships, and grants can be found at the following links:
- The Nancy Larson Foundation Scholarship for elementary education teachers.
- National Physical Science Consortium fellowships available. They offer two programs:
- The Traditional Program: A two-phase, six-year fellowship. Students typically apply during their senior year of their undergraduate program.
- The Dissertation Support Program: Provides support to graduate students while they conduct dissertation research. Students should apply at the beginning of their dissertation research.
- The Office of Service-Learning at BGSU
- The National Science Foundation
- Student Aid's Graduate Student Resource Page
- The American Mathematics Society
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation
- Fulbright Program for U.S. Students
- Jacob K. Javits Fellowships Program (Arts & Humanities)
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)