The Graduate Student Senate sponsors the GSS Funding for Professional Development designed to assist graduate students with the expenses associated with attending conferences, seminars, tours, research trips, career fairs, and similar professional development experiences. FPD may also be used to fund accredited professional memberships. Complete guidelines and description of the FPD process can be found here.
Funding for Professional Development (FPD) Application Dates and Deadlines:
- Application Deadline – Wednesday, April 24, 2019 by 11:59 pm
- Application Link – The application is located on the GSS Canvas page under "Modules"
- Please Note: Applicants for Summer funding must be enrolled in EITHER 4 credits for Summer 2019 or Fall 2019.
MyBGSU -> GSS Canvas Page -> Modules -> Application
Other information on funding sources, scholarships, and grants can be found at the following links:
- The Nancy Larson Foundation Scholarship for elementary education teachers.
- National Physical Science Consortium fellowships available. They offer two programs:
- The Traditional Program: A two-phase, six-year fellowship. Students typically apply during their senior year of their undergraduate program.
- The Dissertation Support Program: Provides support to graduate students while they conduct dissertation research. Students should apply at the beginning of their dissertation research.
- The Office of Service-Learning at BGSU
- The National Science Foundation
- Student Aid's Graduate Student Resource Page
- The American Mathematics Society
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation
- Fulbright Program for U.S. Students
- Jacob K. Javits Fellowships Program (Arts & Humanities)
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)