GSS Funding Opportunities
The Graduate Student Senate sponsors the GSS Funding for Professional Development designed to assist graduate students with the expenses associated with attending conferences, seminars, tours, research trips, career fairs, and similar professional development experiences. FPD may also be used to fund accredited professional memberships.
Upcoming FPD Dates:
Fall 2022 Funding for Professional Development (FPD) opens August 8, 2022.
Applications are due September 9, 2022 @11:59PM via Canvas.
Spring 2023 Funding for Professional Development (FPD) opens December 26, 2022.
Applications are due January 20, 2023 @11:59PM via Canvas.
Summer 2023 Funding for Professional Development (FPD) opens May 1, 2023.
Applications are due June 2, 2023 @11:59PM via Canvas.
Other information on funding sources, scholarships, and grants can be found at the following links:
- The Nancy Larson Foundation Scholarship for elementary education teachers.
- National Physical Science Consortium fellowships available. They offer two programs:
- The Traditional Program: A two-phase, six-year fellowship. Students typically apply during their senior year of their undergraduate program.
- The Dissertation Support Program: Provides support to graduate students while they conduct dissertation research. Students should apply at the beginning of their dissertation research.
- The Center of Public Impact at BGSU
- The National Science Foundation
- Student Aid's Resource Page
- The American Mathematics Society
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation
- Fulbright Program for U.S. Students
- Jacob K. Javits Fellowships Program (Arts & Humanities)
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Updated: 06/07/2022 11:13AM