Bystander Intervention Pledge
This is a pledge to make to yourself; to remind you of the important role you play as a bystander and to remember to make a difference in your community.
Step Up, Speak Up, Take Action, Don’t Be a Bystander!
I pledge to never simply be a bystander, by taking this pledge, I also agree to do the following:
- No longer be silent when a potentially dangerous situation occurs
- Find a way to intervene in any situation that potentially could cause harm to another person
- Endorse the values of safety, victim support and intolerance of all forms of violence
- Change anything I may be doing that contributes to events that may result in violence and/or harm to others as well as myself
- Support and encourage others in my life to take responsibility for ending all forms of violence
- Support and find help for those who have experienced a violent or potentially life threatening event.
“Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.” -Winston Churchill
This pledge is available to students who want to make the commitment to themselves to be an active bystander. We encourage students to refer to this pledge whenever they question their role as a bystander in a situation.
Updated: 12/02/2017 01:59AM