The Intramural Sports program provides BGSU students/faculty/staff a wide variety of competitive activities for players of all skill levels and interests. Qualified staff provide a fun, yet structured environment that focuses on the health, safety and developmental needs of all Intramural Sports participants. Individual, dual and team activities are available. Men's, women's and co-rec teams are fielded through sorority, fraternity and independent leagues.
Many sports offer both competitive and recreational leagues and most are played once a week, Monday through Thursday between 5 PM and midnight. A few activities take place on Saturday and Sunday. Regular season play lasts approximately three to four weeks, with one week of single-elimination playoffs for qualifying teams. BGSU students/faculty/staff are eligible. Restrictions apply for varsity/club athletes in same Intramural sports.
Spring 2019 Sports
|Sport||Entry Dates||Season Play|
|Basketball (M, W, CR, F, S)||1/30 - 2/13
||2/14 - 3/14|
|Ultimate Frisbee (M, W, CR)||1/30 - 2/13||2/18 - 3/14|
|4v4 Flag Football (M, W/S, F)
||1/30 - 2/13||2/18 - 3/14
||1/30 - 2/13||2/18 - 3/14
|Badminton (O)||3/11 - 3/28
||4/1 - 4/25
|Dodgeball (F, M, CR)||3/11 - 3/28||4/1 - 4/25|
|Innertube Waterpolo (M, W, S, F)
||3/11 - 3/28||4/1 - 4/25|
|Soccer (M, W, S, F, CR)
||3/11 - 3/28||4/8 - 5/2
|6v6 Volleyball (M, W, S, F, CRC, CRR)
||3/11 - 3/28||4/4 - 5/2|
- $40 per player/semester
- $60 per player/academic year
- Payment is required in order to register a team. All individual payments must be made through IMLeagues.com in order for a team to be active and approved to play.
- Any group or organization wishing to play and register as a group must complete and submit the approrpriate Intramural Organization Form, with payment, to the Perry Field House Welcome Desk during the registration period.
Patron requested refunds may be subject to a $25.00 administrative fee.
The one-time academic year fee (sold during fall semester only) permits an individual student, faculty/staff the opportunity to play any and all sports throughout the 2018 - 2019 academic year. If a semester pass is purchased, the individual is permitted to play any and all sports throughout that semester. All passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
How To Register
The BGSU Intramural Program processes all individual and team registration through IMLeagues.com an organization specializing in the management and administration of intramural sports throughout the nation. Follow the instructions below to register.
- Log onto www.imleagues.com
- During the initial visit to the site, click the "Create Account " link to create an account. Next, go to the "Schools" link and click on "Bowling Green State University" in the menu bar.
- Click on the sport icon you wish to sign a team up for or join a team
- Click on the day and time of the league for which you wish to register.
- Click on "Create Team" or "Join Team"
- Complete the necessary information and agree to the terms and conditions set forth by Bowling Green State University.
- Click on "submit." Once the site has processed individual registration information, players are automatically directed to their team's homepage.
- From the team homepage, rosters may be completed. Each player must have a profile on www.imleagues.com in order to be added to a roster.
- Once the registration deadline passes for a particular sport, schedules are generated and posted at http://www.imleagues.com
- IMPORTANT - Once a team registration is submitted for any sport, payment MUST be received for all players prior to the end of registration. TEAMS NOT PAYING WITHIN THIS TIME FRAME ARE DROPPED FROM THE LEAGUE.
Once a team is registered, captains are emailed instructions for completing a mandatory online training/test.
While the participants of the Intramural Sports program have formed their own team, the employees of the Intramural Sports department are a member of a team of officials, scorekeepers, managers, and supervisors. These team members are critical to enhancing the experience of every Intramural participant. Each staff member provides a fun, yet structured environment while focusing on the health, safety and developmental needs of all Intramural participants.
BGSU students interested in officiating or score keeping for Intramural Sports are required to attend a Group Hiring Clinic/Training in order to be considered. Applicants are not paid for attendance at these clinics and are responsible to know the rules for the sport in which they are interested. Rule downloads are located on the IMLeagues website. Once hired as an Intramural official or score keeper, those employees with favorable ratings/evaluations may be recruited to work IM sports throughout the academic year.
Spring 2019 Training Dates
- Basketball Rules Clinic and On-Court Clinic: 2/11 - 2/12, 8 - 10 PM | PFH Meeting Room
- Basketball Practice Games: 2/13 - 2/14, 8 - 10 PM | PFH Meeting Room
- Soccer Rules Clinic and On-Court Clinic: 3/4, 8 - 10 PM | PFH Meeting Room
- Soccer Practice Games: 3/6 - 3/7, 8 - 10 PM | PFH Meeting Room
- 6v6 Volleyball Rules Clinic and On-Court Clinic: 3/5, 8 - 10 PM | PFH Meeting Room
- 6v6 Volleyball Practice Games: 3/6 - 3/7, 8 - 10 PM | PFH Meeting Room
- 4v4 Flag Football: If interested in officiating flag football, contact the IM office before 2/15 for details.
Contact the IM office with any questions or scheduling concerns.