The Intramural Sports program provides BGSU students/faculty/staff a wide variety of competitive activities for players of all skill levels and interests. Qualified staff provide a fun, yet structured environment that focuses on the health, safety and developmental needs of all Intramural Sports participants. Individual, dual and team activities are available. Men's, women's and co-rec teams are fielded through sorority, fraternity and independent leagues.
Many sports offer both competitive and recreational leagues and most are played once a week, Monday through Thursday between 5 PM and midnight. A few activities take place on Saturday and Sunday. Regular season play lasts approximately three to four weeks, with one week of single-elimination playoffs for qualifying teams. BGSU students/faculty/staff are eligible. Restrictions apply for varsity/club athletes in same Intramural sports.
Fall 2017 Sports
|Sport||Entry Dates||Season Play|
|7v7 Flag Football (MC, MR, F)||8/23 - 8/30||9/5 - 10/2|
|4v4 Volleyball (M, W, CRR, CRC, F, S)||8/23 - 8/30||9/5 - 10/4|
|Indoor Soccer (CR)||8/23 - 8/30||9/5 - 9/28|
|Golf Tournament (Doubles, Foursome) ( M, W)||9/5 - 9/12||9/15 or 9/17|
|7v7 Flag Football (W, CR)||10/11 - 10/18||10/23 - 11/14|
|Futsal (M, W, CR, F)||10/11 - 10/18||10/23 - 11/15|
|3v3 Basketball (M, W, F)||10/11 - 10/18||10/23 - 11/16|
|Ultimate Frisbee (M, W, CR, F)||10/11 - 10/18||10/25 - 11/16|
Spring 2018 Sports
|Sport||Entry Dates||Season Play|
|4v4 Flag Football (M, W, F)||1/9 - 1/17||1/22 - 2/13|
|Badminton (O, CR)||1/9 - 1/17||1/22 - 2/15|
|5v5 Basketball (M, W, CR, F)||1/9 - 1/17||1/22 - 2/15|
|Dodgeball (M, W, F, )||2/28 - 3/14||3/19 - 4/12|
|Volleyball (M, W, S, CRR, CRC, F)||2/28 - 3/14||3/19 - 4/12|
|Soccer (M, W, CR, F)||2/28 - 3/14||3/19 - 4/12|
- $30.00 per player per semester | $50 per player academic year
- Payment is required prior to the first contest at the Welcome Desk of the Perry Field House or Student Recreation Center or Pay Online.
Patron requested refunds may be subject to a $25.00 administrative fee.
The one-time academic year fee (sold during fall semester only) permits an individual student, faculty/staff the opportunity to play any and all sports throughout the 2017 - 2018 academic year. If a semester pass is purchased, the individual is permitted to play any and all sports throughout that semester. All passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
How To Register
The BGSU Intramural Program processes all individual and team registration through IMLeagues.com an organization specializing in the management and administration of intramural sports throughout the nation. Follow the instructions below to register.
- Log onto www.imleagues.com
- During the initial visit to the site, click the "Create Account " link to create an account. Next, go to the "Schools" link and click on "Bowling Green State University" in the menu bar.
- Click on the sport icon you wish to sign a team up for or join a team
- Click on the day and time of the league for which you wish to register.
- Click on "Create Team" or "Join Team"
- Complete the necessary information and agree to the terms and conditions set forth by Bowling Green State University.
- Click on "submit." Once the site has processed individual registration information, players are automatically directed to their team's homepage.
- From the team homepage, rosters may be completed. Each player must have a profile on www.imleagues.com in order to be added to a roster.
- Once the registration deadline passes for a particular sport, schedules are generated and posted at http://www.imleagues.com
- IMPORTANT - Once a team registration is submitted for any sport, payment MUST be received prior to the first contest and can be made at the Welcome Desk of the Perry Field House or Student Recreation Center. Cash, check and credit card payments are accepted. TEAMS NOT PAYING WITHIN THIS TIME FRAME ARE DROPPED FROM THE LEAGUE.
Once a team is registered, captains are emailed instructions for completing a mandatory online training/test.
While the participants of the Intramural Sports program have formed their own team, the employees of the Intramural Sports department are a member of a team of officials, scorekeepers, managers, and supervisors. These team members are critical to enhancing the experience of every Intramural participant. Each staff member provides a fun, yet structured environment while focusing on the health, safety and developmental needs of all Intramural participants.
BGSU students interested in officiating or score keeping for Intramural Sports are required to attend a Group Hiring Clinic in order to be considered. Applicants are not paid for attendance at these clinics and are responsible to know the rules for the sport in which they are interested. Rule downloads are located on the IMLeagues website. Once hired as an Intramural official or score keeper, those employees with favorable ratings/evaluations may be recruited to work IM sports throughout the academic year.