Library Advisory Committee
To advise the Dean of University Libraries.
- Develop policy concerning the content, organization and services of the University Libraries.
- Review the University Libraries budget requests for books, periodicals, digital materials, other information resources, and miscellaneous materials related to the development of the library collections.
- Make suggests for priorities within the University Libraries Dean's budget requests to the University Administration.
- Make suggestions regarding University Libraries operations for the consideration of the library faculty and staff.
- Develop and promote channels of communications between the University Libraries and the faculty and students (e.g. gather and transmit faculty and constituent point of view) and serve as a resource for library faculty and staff.
- Eight faculty members, at least two of whom are not members of Faculty Senate: one each from the College of Education and Human Development, the College of Business, the College of Musical Arts, the College of Technology, the College of Health and Human Services, the College of Arts and Sciences (mathematics and sciences division), the College of Arts and Sciences (social sciences division), the College of Arts and Sciences (humanities division);
- One additional faculty member in first four years, appointed by the Committee on Committees for a one-year term;
- One administrative staff member elected by administrative staff for a three-year term;
- Two undergraduate students appointed by USG for one-year terms;
- One graduate student appointed by GSS for one-year terms.
- Dean of University Libraries
The chair shall be elected from among the elected faculty and administrative staff members.
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
Three of the elected faculty members must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate (Academic Charter, Article V.B.)
All elected, appointed and ex officio members have full voting rights. Consultants are non-voting members. (Academic Charter, Article V.B.)