Information Technology Committee
The Information Technology Committee (ITC) is a university standing committee as provided in the Academic Charter (Article V). The ITC advises the Chief Information Officer on all matters affecting information technology in the University. The Committee shall meet twice a semester in conjunction with the CIO Advisory Board meeting in order to assure that institutional goals in the integration of technology are regularly supported.
Specifically, the ITC shall:
- consult with the administration regarding the ongoing review and development of operating policies and procedures related to services for end-users in order to assure that these support the University goals while effectively addressing the ethical and responsible use of the University's electronic resources;
- advise on the development of policies regarding the integration of technology in the learning, work, and living environments;
- assist in the development of University priorities in the strategic planning for information technology initiatives;
- work with the CIO to address resource and staffing issues, finding solutions that are best for the whole university;
- assist with benchmarking our university with peer institutions and identifying technology trends in higher education;
- recommend new and/or improved technology services based on sound educational research;
- facilitate discussion on information technology during at least one Faculty Senate meeting each academic year
- provide four faculty representatives to serve on the CIO Advisory Board
- Two elected faculty members from each College for staggered three-year terms;
- One at-large faculty member in his/her first four years of service appointed by the Committee on Committees;
- One elected representative from the Administrative Staff Council for a three-year term;
- One elected representative from the Classified Staff Council for a three-year term;
- One undergraduate student appointed annually by USG;
- One graduate student appointed annually by GSS;
- The Chief Information Officer; and
- The Director of Technology Support at Firelands College
The chair shall be elected from the elected membership for a one-year term at the last spring semester meeting, to take office following the spring graduation.
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
Three of the elected faculty members must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate (Academic Charter, Article V.B.) Elected members' terms shall be three years, with approximately 1/3 of the members elected or appointed each year.
All elected, appointed and ex officio members have full voting rights. Consultants are non-voting members. (Academic Charter, Article V.B.)