BGSU Web Accessibility Standards
BGSU will adhere to the WCAG 2.0 AA standard enacted on 11 December 2008.
1. W3C Web Accessibility Standards (Required)
Table of Contents
WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
1.1 Provide text alternatives for any non-text content so that it can be changed into other forms people need, such as large print, braille, speech, symbols or simpler language.
1.2 Provide alternatives for time-based media.
1.3 Create content that can be presented in different ways (for example simpler layout) without losing information or structure.
1.4 Make it easier for users to see and hear content including separating foreground from background.
2.1 Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
2.2 Provide users enough time to read and use content.
2.3 Do not design content in a way that is known to cause seizures.
2.4 Provide ways to help users navigate, find content, and determine where they are.
3.1 Make text content readable and understandable.
3.2 Make Web pages appear and operate in predictable ways.
3.3 Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
4.1 Maximize compatibility with current and future user agents, including assistive technologies.
- Conformance Requirements
- Conformance Claims (Optional)
- Statement of Partial Conformance - Third Party Content
- Statement of Partial Conformance - Language
2. Section 508 Standards (Required)
Section 508 Standards for Electronic and Information Technology
*Published in the Federal Register on December 21, 2000.
- Subpart A — General
- 1194.1 Purpose.
- 1194.2 Application.
- 1194.3 General exceptions.
- 1194.4 Definitions.
- 1194.5 Equivalent facilitation.
- Subpart B — Technical Standards
- 1194.21 Software applications and operating systems.
- 1194.22 Web-based intranet and internet information and applications.
- 1194.23 Telecommunications products.
- 1194.24 Video and multimedia products.
- 1194.25 Self-contained, closed products.
- 1194.26 Desktop and portable computers.
- Subpart C — Functional Performance Criteria
- 1194.31 Functional performance criteria.
- Subpart D — Information, Documentation, and Support
- 1194.41 Information, documentation, and support.
- Authority: 29 U.S.C. 794d.
Related Document: Preamble (published discussion of the standards).
Updated: 05/21/2019 09:06AM