There will be a $25 stop payment fee assessed to students for replacing a lost check. If students want to avoid the $25 fee, they can enroll in BGSU Refund and the fee will be waived. The student must enroll in BGSU Refund before submitting the Student Account Stop Payment Form. BGSU will apply the funds from the check to the student account, if there is an outstanding balance with the University.
How to enroll in BGSU Refund:
- log in to MyBGSU
- Select Student Center
- Select My Account
- Select BGSU Refund
Upon completion of enrollment in BGSU Refund, proceed to How to request a stop payment.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank account information must be updated whenever an account change has been made. Failure to update this information may delay your refund.
How to request a stop payment:
- Select the link below
- Enter Username and Password
- Check your email inbox for emai from BGSU Office of the Bursar
- Select Review and Sign
- Enter your BGSU email address
- Select Company or School Account
- Review and complete the contents of the form
- Please sign up for direct deposit prior to submitting this form, if waiving the fee
- After completion of all fields, click here to sign on the signature line
- Select Apply
- Enter phone number
- Select Click to Sign
You will receive a confirmation when you have signed successfully.
Upon receipt of the signed terms, we will reissue the refund within 14-21 calendar days.
Updated: 11/30/2022 09:48AM