- Residence Life Staff Members including RAs and Residence Life Student Groups (RSA, SMART, NRHH, etc.) have priority for community room reservations with no scheduling restrictions.
- To make reservations for a space, fill out the request form located at the top of this page. The Hall Director authorizes approval/non-approval for Space Reservations. In the event that the full time Hall Director is not available, the Graduate Hall Director may authorize decisions regarding space use.
- Reservations for non-residence life affiliated functions can be made with no more than four (4) weeks in advance.
- The reservable rooms are located within the publically accessible areas of a residential community. Therefore, the Office of Residence Life reserves the right to refuse any reservation or to terminate any on-going event that will or does violate the courtesy hours and quiet hours policies in the Community Living Standards, or which otherwise interfere with academic or other activities of residential students.
- To obtain access to a reserved space the authorized reserving party must check-out the key at the front desk within 30 minutes of the scheduled event and must return the key within 30 minutes of the conclusion of the event. The person obtaining the key must show an ID to the front desk and sign out the key in the log.
- The room must be reset and cleaned following any event in the space.
- All tables and chairs must be placed back in their original condition and arrangement at the end of the event. Failing to return the chairs and other equipment to the original layout results in one warning. If the same organization or student fails to put the room back into the original layout a second time, their reservation privileges will be suspended for a period of time to be determined by the Office of Residence Life, with the suspension being no shorter than one (1) semester.
- All recyclable items must be placed in designated receptacles immediately at the conclusion of the event. All trash must be placed in dumpsters outside of the building. Failing to dispose of trash or recyclables properly results in one (1) warning. If the same organization or student fails to remove trash or recyclables immediately or properly, reservation privileges will be suspended for a period of time to be determined by the full time Hall Director or Office of Residence Life, with the suspension being no less than one (1) semester.
- Neither the Office of Residence Life nor Residence Life Support Groups (RSA, SMART, NRHH, etc.) have the responsibility for additional furnishing, staging, or equipment (sound or otherwise) for use in reservable spaces. It is the responsibility of the reserving party to coordinate any additional technology or furniture needs for the space that are necessary for the event. The Office of Residence Life does not provide additional technology, technology support, or furniture. BGSU Materials and Grounds can assist with extra furnishing.
- The group or individual will receive advance notice, in writing, of any charges.
- Reserving parties are responsible for any damages or clean-up charges incurred during the event. The reserving party is responsible for any damages to existing technology, furniture, or the facility. In addition to charges that may be incurred, privileges for reserving the room will be revoked as outlined above.
- All reserving parties must abide by all current BGSU policies both University and Department wide.
Updated: 10/10/2023 11:30AM