In commemoration of the Centennial Anniversary of BGSU Bands in 2023-24, we are excited to announce the establishment of the BGSU Bands Collection in the Jerome Library and BGSU Center for Archival Collections. The archive will include historical documents, media, scores, and other relevant historical materials. The archive is intended to serve as a destination point for alumni, historical artifacts, and research.
The collection will include, but is not limited to:
- Sound Archives of all BGSU Bands performances
- Digital, streaming copies of Falcon Marching Band halftime shows – we now have access to almost every FMB show ever presented in Doyt Perry Stadium
- Historical records of band area activities and student organizations, including those of service organizations, Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma and recruitment/professional activities such as the BGSU Directors Reading Clinic and Honor Bands
Establishment and maintenance of a collection and display for physical artifacts including:
- Falcon Marching Band uniforms through the years
- Photographs, concert programs, FMB drill books and manuals, educational materials, print media
Special Events Celebrating the BGSU Bands Centenary will include:
- Commemorative concert at BGSU with a special reception event in spring 2024
- Newly commissioned works for BGSU Bands to be performed during 2023-24
- Special off-campus performances and concert tour
Ways to support the BGSU Bands Centennial Campaign
Campaign Goal – $2 million
Support BGSU Bands in their immediate needs and elevate their musical excellence across all venues, with your contributions to: FUNDING PRIORITIES
Falcon Marching Band Field Project Fund – $1.5 million
An enhanced turf field and new teaching tower west of Perry Field House will provide a quality practice environment for the Falcon Marching Band and a venue for other BGSU activities.
Falcon Marching Band Fund – $300,000
Gifts will support the purchase and maintenance of instruments, especially sousaphones, trombones, mellophones and a new sound system.
BGSU Bands Endowment Fund – $200,000
A new endowment will provide support in perpetuity for a range of BGSU Band program initiatives, including special projects, music commissions, guest artists, recruitment and band travel.
The public launch of this fundraising effort will occur on Sept. 23, 2023, during Homecoming activities. To reach the $2 million goal, many major gifts of $25,000 or more, in addition to gifts in any amount, will be needed. Gifts and pledges may be made payable over a period of up to five years.
Updated: 09/22/2023 03:49PM