Summer Music Institute
Welcome to BGSU’s Summer Music Institute (SMI)!
SMI features week-long intensive camp sessions designed to improve your playing, learn new skills, and meet new friends – all on a college campus. Students will work with BGSU music faculty and guest artists who will challenge and inspire.
Summer Music Institute 2023 Schedule
Campers can choose to be a resident or commuter student. Resident students will have all of their meals and housing covered in their camp fees. Commuter students will have all of their meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) covered in their camp fees, but will commute from home for each day of camp.
Check-in may vary depending on the attendance of each camp.
Sunday, June 11
Sunday, June 18
Week of June 26 (daily)
Sunday, July 9
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- A full refund, minus the deposit will be issued if cancelation is received 6 weeks prior to the start of the program
- A refund of 75% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 6 weeks but prior to 4 weeks
- A refund of 50% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 4 weeks but prior to 2 weeks
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
Forms will be collected electronically via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be emailed to you.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Medical Authorization Form
- BGSU Medical: Permission to Dispense Medication
- BGSU Media Release
Week 1 (June 11-16): May 26
Week 2 (June 18-23): June 2
Week 3 (June 26-22): June 9
Week 4 (July 9-14): June 30
Each camp has its own performance or presentation at the end of camp, usually Friday mornings. Complete schedules for each individual camp will be available at check-in.
Parking passes are distributed at check-in.
Students who are residents on campus can receive a parking pass for the week that will allow them to park in the dorm parking lot.
Students who are commuters can receive a parking pass that will allow them to park in lots close to the dining hall and rehearsal facilities. Parents who are coming to the final concert on Friday will get a parking pass that allows them to park in lots near the dorm and performance spaces.
SMI is not responsible for reimbursing parking tickets.
For questions regarding registration, payment and forms, contact Falconyouth@bgsu.edu.
For questions regarding a particular camp, contact email@example.com or the camp director.
- Participants of age are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to the arrival of camp
- Students will self-monitor and alert staff of any new symptoms prior to the start of each day.
- Any student experiencing symptoms or who becomes ill during the program must be able to leave campus the same day and may not be eligible to return circumstances depending.
- Parent/Caretaker must be available to remove the camper from the program the same day as illness. BGSU Summer camps and programs will not isolate or quarantine participants other than remaining in their own housing assignment until the arrival of parent/guardian.
Updated: 03/03/2023 04:28PM