All students who wish to major or minor in music must audition to be accepted to the College of Musical Arts. The following dates have limited auditions offered:
November 13, 2020: Transfer students only
Feb. 26, 2021: Vocalists only
*Students who are interested in taking lessons through the College Credit Plus program should contact the Music Admissions Coordinator prior to filling out the Audition Reservation Form.
Reserve your audition date by completing the online Audition Reservation Form. Once you complete your BGSU Application, you will be directed to the online Audition Reservation Form.
For audition questions, call (419) 372-8577, or email MusicAdmissions@bgsu.edu.
- Friday, Nov. 13, 2020 (For transfer students) (audition form deadline: October 30)
- Saturday, January 30, 2021
(audition form deadline: January 16)
- Saturday, February 20, 2021
(audition form deadline: February 6)
- Friday, February 26, 2021 (Limited to vocalists only)
(audition form deadline: February 12)
- Saturday, February 27, 2021 (Final Music Scholarship Deadline)
(audition form deadline: February 13)
- Saturday, April 17, 2021 (More Information About Junior Audition Day)
(audition form deadline: April 3)
Admission to Bowling Green State University as a music major or minor is competitive. Most applicants will receive email notification of their audition results within 1-2 weeks of their audition date, followed by an official letter in the mail.
There are three possible audition decisions:
1. Approved: The student meets minimum entrance criteria and is allowed to begin formal study as a music major or minor at Bowling Green State University contingent upon unconditional admission to the University.
2. Not Approved: The student does not meet minimum criteria to be a music major/minor. Students that are “Not Approved” to major in music may attend BGSU if they declare a different major and have been admitted to the University.
3. Delay Decision: Students are placed on a waitlist. Final decisions will be made after the February 27, 2021 audition date.
AUDITION DAY SCHEDULE
Friday Audition Day Schedule (subject to change)
Friday audition days typically begin around 1:00 pm with a welcome session, and include a music theory placement test, separate Q&A sessions for parents & students, time to warm-up, and your audition. Your exact schedule for the afternoon will be given when you check-in. Please plan on being on campus for several hours.
Saturday Audition Day Schedule (subject to change)
Saturday audition days typically begin at 10:00 am with a welcome session, and include a music theory placement test, separate Q&A sessions for parents & students, time to warm-up, and your audition. Your exact schedule for the day will be given when you check-in. Please plan on being on campus for several hours.