- All ceremonies, rain or shine, will be held outdoors, at Doyt L. Perry Stadium. All graduates will have the opportunity to cross the commencement stage and receive a diploma cover.
- All 2020 and 2021 graduates who wish to attend an in-person ceremony will be required to complete an RSVP form. The form will be sent to each graduate’s BGSU email on March 25 and will be open through April 15.
- In-person commencement exercises will be held on the following dates and times:
- Friday, April 30, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 1, at 9 a.m., 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Sunday, May 2, at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Colleges will not be assigned to a specific ceremony; however, graduates will be grouped by college/degree at each ceremony. Both 2020 and 2021 graduates from any college may choose from the available ceremonies when filling out the RSVP form. There will be limited seating capacity for each ceremony.
- Doctoral candidates are invited specifically to the 7 p.m. ceremony on Friday, April 30. Candidates
will have the opportunity to be hooded during this ceremony only. A
separate RSVP form will be emailed to doctoral candidates. This ceremony
is also available for graduates receiving bachelor's and master's
degrees. Please note the Friday ceremony will have smaller capacity to
accommodate for timing of Doctoral hoodings.
- Implementing this RSVP process for all ceremonies allows BGSU to set capacity limitations, while at the same time allowing graduates the flexibility to choose their ceremony.
- Each graduate will be emailed to claim four guest tickets at least one week prior to their ceremony. No additional tickets will be provided and tickets are non-transferable.
- Details on how to claim your four tickets be released once the RSVP form closes.
- Guests can present their mobile ticket (preferred) or print at home ticket at the gate.
- Children age 2 and under do not require a ticket if seated on a guest's lap.
- Parking, accessibility and arrival information will be available online in April.
- BGSU is committed to an inclusive and equitable commencement experience. To individuals with disabilities, please indicate if you need special services, assistance or appropriate modifications to fully participate in this event by contacting Accessibility Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-372-8495. Please notify us prior to the event.
- The RSVP form will capture any accessibility needs the graduate or their guests may have. The commencement team will reach out to anyone who indicates they have accessibility needs as the ceremonies approach. If there are changes after the RSVP form is submitted or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- BGSU will work closely with the Wood County Health Department and the Ohio Department of Health to follow all health and safety protocols.
- All graduates and guests will be required to wear face coverings and keep at least 6 feet from others not in their household.
- All guest tickets and commencement programs will be electronic. Both 2020 and 2021 commencement programs will be available on the commencement website. Spring 2021 graduates will receive a printed program in the mail later this spring.
- Graduation caps and gowns are available for purchase online or
in store at Falcon Outfitters inside the Bowen-Thompson Student Union.
Falcon Outfitters also carries graduation merchandise such as
personalized announcements, diploma frames and class rings. You can
pick up honors cords (if eligible) at Falcon Outfitters. If you have
further questions regarding Falcon Outfitters merchandise, call
419-372-2851 or toll free 866-517-9766.
- Graduate attire for
the ceremony is business casual. Appropriate clothing must be worn at
all times. Comfortable, flat shoes are recommended. Please leave
personal items with family members or guests.
- For graduates or guests not able to attend in person, all ceremonies will be livestreamed at BGSU.edu and Facebook.
- A virtual celebration will also be available for graduates who wish to celebrate virtually. Videos of graduate names read by college will be available online.
- GradImages will photograph graduates receiving their diploma, standing in front of the University backdrop, and as they are waiting in line. GradImages mails proofs with no obligation to purchase. Graduates can pre-register their email. Pre-registration allows GradImages to notify graduates within 72 hours after the ceremony about viewing the digital proofs and online ordering. For more information, call 800-261-2576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduates are encouraged to share their photos on social media using the hashtag #BGSUGrad. Photos could be featured online or before a ceremony.