Steps to Transferring
Students who have attempted 12 or more credit hours (excluding remedial or developmental courses) after high school are considered transfer applicants. To begin the transfer application process, please follow these simple steps.
1. Apply Online
2. Submit official transcripts from each college/university attended to the BGSU Office of Admissions. Transcripts will not be accepted from students but BGSU supports/prefers electronic submission of transcripts from institutions who subscribe to a secure submission service. Institutions can also mail official paper transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
200 University Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0085
3. Submit additional documents as required.
- Official high school transcript if you have completed fewer than 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) since graduating from high school (or equivalent).
- Official General Educational Development (GED) documents if you have earned high school equivalency through the GED testing program and an official high school transcript showing any courses taken.
- Official AP Score Reports if you have earned Advanced Placement (AP) Credit. (Please submit AP Score Reports to the BGSU Office of Registration and Records.)
4. If you are applying to one of the following Colleges or programs, please review additional admission requirements.
Admission to the BFA degree is competitive, but does not require a Portfolio Review for entrance into the School of Art. Prospective students wishing to pursue a BFA degree in the School of Art will be admitted as pre-BFA students and will be fully admitted to the School of Art without a Portfolio Review. Please contact the School of Art with questions.
Entrance into the Schmidthorst College of Business (419-372-2747) is selective. Students who have been admitted to the University will be notified in writing of admission status into the Schmidthorst College of Business For more information please call the college office.
Students with previously earned undergraduate baccalaureate degrees who are seeking certification/licensure to teach should contact the College of Education and Human Development (419-372-7372) for information. Students without an undergraduate baccalaureate degree do not need to take any further action.
Students applying to the College of Health and Human Services (419-372-8242) should call for information regarding transfer procedures.
Students who intend to pursue a major in Learning Design and Technology (formerly Advanced Technological Education) or Quality Systems, which require an associate degree in a technical or applied field, must contact the College of Technology, Architecture and Applied Engineering (419-372-7581) before being officially admitted to the major.
6. Students whose native language is not English must submit official IELTS, TOEFL, Michigan English Test, or Pearson Test of English results as evidence of English language skills. This is required of international students issued immigrant visas, international students transferring from another American college or university, those (with English as a foreign language) from U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico, and any other U.S. citizen or non-citizen whose native language is not English. Please see the Undergraduate Catalog for test score requirements.
United States Citizens
- Fall semester: August 1
- Spring semester: December 15
- Summer terms: May 15
- Fall semester: July 15
- Spring semester: November 1
All submitted materials become the property of Bowling Green State University and cannot be returned.
Bowling Green State University subscribes to the Statement of Principles of Good Practice and Statement of Students’ Rights and Responsibilities for members of the National Association for College Admission Counseling.
Updated: 08/11/2020 12:09PM