Prospective Students



Undergraduate students may be admitted to BGSU after successful completion of 12 years of formal studies in primary and secondary schools.


Graduate students may be admitted to BGSU after completion of a four year bachelor’s degree and 12 years of preparatory formal studies.

Other Admissions

All F-1 students transferring from a SEVIS certified institution must complete and submit a BGSU Transfer Eligibility Form (PDF)

Bowling Green State University partners with ELS Educational Services to provide conditional admission for students who are academically qualified, but who do not meet our English language proficiency requirements at the time of application to the university. Students may apply for conditional admission based upon eventual completion of ELS Language Center’s Intensive English for Academic Purposes Level 112 as satisfying the requirements for English proficiency for all degree programs at the undergraduate level. BGSU also offers conditional admission for academically qualified students, for the following specific graduate programs:

Bowling Green State University offers accredited online degree programs for international students working on their degree from their home country.

There are several ways to take advantage of the online courses offered by BGSU:

  • International students admitted to BGSU Online Degree Programs may complete their program from their home country.  Our online coursework offer the flexibility to be completed in whatever way best meets a student’s personal, educational, and career goals.
  • International students admitted to BGSU may begin working on their degree from their home country before arriving to campus. Online learning can allow you more time to prepare for your study abroad and provide you an opportunity to earn credit even before you arrive to Bowling Green.
  • On-Campus Students with an F1 visa may only take online courses if currently enrolled in the required number of on campus courses. The United States Code of Federal Regulations for international F-1 status students and J-1 Student Category states that only one class per semester during the academic year may be taken online towards the full-time credit hour requirement.

Visit the Online Programs webpage to learn more about the courses and programs offered online.

Updated: 01/22/2024 10:06AM