BGSU 1910: Life Design at BGSU
This first-year seminar course empowers students to make the most out of college by equipping them with a framework and tools to design academic, career and life experiences that align with who they are, what they value, and what they want to do in life. Taught by Life Design coaches, the course provides new students the opportunity to engage with other first-year students in a dynamic, small class setting.
Through this engaging one-credit course, we will introduce you to design thinking skills that you can use now and in the future to maximize your college experience and enhance career readiness.
You will also be paired with a Life Design coach who will work alongside you as you design your way forward.
BGSU 1910 Class Benefits
- Small in size, and a great place to meet other first year students
- Highly engaging course that will provide students with foundational skills to use throughout their college experience to thrive while at BGSU and beyond
- Connects students to a Life Design Coach who will serve as part of students’ BGSU network and success team, and will be able to help students throughout their college career to problem solve, explore meaningful experiences, and connect to resources and opportunities
- Provides a dedicated space to explore academic and career interests
- Ensures all students get a head start taking action in their major or career field
What to Expect
In this course, you can expect to:
- Design academic, career and life experiences that align with who you are, what you value and what you want to do in life.
- Connect with peers in an open and affirming environment to develop community and sense of belonging.
- Build design thinking skills that you can use now and in the future to maximize your college experience and enhance career readiness.
"The strength of this class is that it is a strong foundation for incoming students. College can be an adjustment, but this class helped to make the transition easier."
Student Thoughts on BGSU 1910
"It is an amazing opportunity to start off college with a solid group of friends and people that you can rely on. It is also a great way to relax and reflect!" -James C.
"This class is really going to help you dig deeper and learn more about yourself. I learned so many new things about myself that I honestly didn't know." - Hailey B.
How to Enroll
- Based on your selected area of study, you may be automatically assigned a Life Design coach and enrolled in BGSU 1910 for the fall semester, but ALL students have the opportunity to engage with the Life Design team and get connected to a Life Design coach.
- If you are interested in enrolling in the course, learning more or speaking with a coach, you can fill out this form, or email email@example.com.
Updated: 01/14/2023 09:41AM