The mission of the Office of Institutional Research (OIR) is to provide accurate and timely actionable information and analytics to enhance institutional planning, policy formulation, and decision making.
The Office of Institutional Research vision is to provide strategic information by applying and advancing the knowledge, methods, and standards of practice to solve significant educational issues facing Bowling Green State University.
The OIR strives to achieve its mission and vision in the context of the University-wide six strategic objectives. We place high values on:
- Providing services characterized by personal and professional integrity.
- Producing high quality work products.
- Creating a nurturing environment responsive to individual professional growth and development.
- Maintaining a spirit of openness, collegiality, and teamwork in all our work.
- Discovery of new ideas, creativity, and innovation.
- Diversity of opinions, backgrounds, life styles and experiences.
- Making BGSU a better and enjoyable work place.
The Office of Institutional Research will foster a data-informed culture through robust data analytics and insightful visualization that supports institutional improvement, effectiveness and efficiency.
Activities and Responsibilities
The Office of Institutional Research activities and responsibilities include completing mandated external and internal reports, maintenance and management of institutional data systems, administration of institutional surveys, fulfilling ad hoc requests for data and generating actionable reports using academic data.