BGSU Opioid Teach-In
Teach-Ins provide a time-limited focused examination of difficult political or social issues and problems. Teach-Ins engage the entire University community including students, faculty, and staff in an educational platform that is engaging, participatory, and organized toward action and solutions.
Change the Story: Opioid Crisis Teach-in
Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at the Bowen-Thompson Student Union
The campus and northwest Ohio communities came together for a day of learning to Change the Story on the opioid crisis. Our aim was to raise awareness about the crisis; to make connections to existing resources, research and data; and to apply our expertise as educators to make a change! Are you in?
Background and Resources on the Opioid Crisis
- National context of crisis
- How does it impact families and children?
- How does it impact our region?
- Where to turn for help in Wood County, OH
How Can I Change the Story?
- Teach – Integrate this topic into your fall courses.
- Learn – Attend events on September 25, 2018 to learn more.
- Lead – Impart knowledge for positive change
Activities and Events
Presentations and Discussions on
- Family Experiences
- MAM is Your Boy Blue? - The Neurology of Addiction
- Urban, Suburban, & Rural Responses to the Crisis
- Substance Abuse, Mental Health, & Trauma
- Intergenerational Addiction
- Practical Skills for Speaking with Individuals about Addiction
- Resource Fair - Community service providers and organizations
- Opioid Interactive Experience
- BGSU Wall of Impact
- BGSU Angels
- Listening Post