International Student or Other Non-Resident
NOTE: Never send forms with sensitive information (SSN, birthday, etc.) by email without encryption. We have tools available to help you submit your information safely, please call or email if you have any questions or concerns.
The instructions below are applicable to all International Students on an F-1, J-1 or other non-resident visa, who are newly hired student employees at BGSU.
Before we can authorize you to begin working for BGSU, you must complete the entire new hire process outlined on this page. Please read all steps carefully!
1. Please make sure that the following forms are all completed, signed and submitted. Clicking on each link will send the document to your BGSU Adobe Sign account and send an email to your BGSU email. Be sure to login to Adobe Sign using your BGSU credentials.
- SSA-1945 - Statement Concerning Your Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security
- Payroll Direct Deposit Request Form
- State of Ohio House Bill 66 - Auditor's Fraud Hotline
2. USCIS Form I-9
- Complete Form I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification at www.newi9.com using employer code 21002.
- Every student's tax situation is different. Artic International Glacier is the online tax software used by BGSU to collect information, and make tax residency and income tax treaty determinations for international students. International students will receive an email with a link to go to the Glacier website within 3 business days of the request to hire to complete Federal and State tax forms (W-4 and IT 4), Statement of Exemption Under a Tax Treaty and IRS Form 8233, if applicable. PLEASE NOTE: Students will be required to complete this process every calendar year, keep your Glacier username and password in a safe location.
4. Visit Student Employment Services, 225 Bowen-Thompson Student Union to complete the onboarding process:
- Bring valid, original and/or certified copies of acceptable identification and employment authorization documents to complete your Form I-9. Federal law prohibits us from accepting scans, photocopies or any other copy of acceptable documents unless certified by the issuing office.
- Complete your Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) exemption or enrollment form (we provide the forms when you visit). See the following resources before you visit for more information on OPERS: