We’re excited to have you join us for University Orientation. Participation is required, as it is a vital part of the start to your successful college journey. Throughout the program you’ll learn more about the BGSU community, academic and co-curricular expectations and opportunities to shape your experience.
Orientation is an all-day program. There is a lot of information to cover about your transition and many action items you must complete before leaving campus. Expect to be on campus from 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. Please keep this in mind, especially if traveling from far away to attend.
If you would like to stay overnight in Bowling Green before or after orientation, you can find a list of local accommodations on our Travel & Accommodations webpage.
Prepare for Orientation
Join the conversation by joining the BGSU Class of 2026 Facebook group to begin connecting with other new students. You will also see important updates about orientation and other BGSU resources and services.
We also didn't forget about the families and guests who support our falcons! Families can follow our @bgsufamilies Facebook page to stay connected with BGSU throughout the year.
What to Bring to Orientation
Throughout the day, you will be traveling between buildings across campus so it's important you come prepared for the weather.
- A jacket or sweater – Even in the summer, it can get cool sitting in the air conditioned rooms!
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Umbrella or poncho
- A bag or backpack
It's also a good idea to check your To Do List in your MyBGSU. You may find the following documentation you need to bring listed.
- A copy of transcripts, grades, course list, etc. from College Credit Plus or courses taken at another institution if you are currently enrolled in classes and have not yet submitted an official transcript to the Office of Admissions.
- One of the following forms of identification:
We can't wait to meet you!
Check-in for orientation begins at 8:15 a.m. in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union (BTSU). Please arrive no later than 9:15 a.m. EST. All orientation guest parking will be free in parking lots 7B, 7C and 7D.
We have put together a list of resources to help you with your travel to BGSU, including transportation options, overnight accommodations and details on how to book your stay in a residence hall (summer only) on our Travel & Accommodations web page.
Important note about guests: You are encouraged to pre-register family members and guests to avoid unnecessary delays. If you need to add a guest, please email us at email@example.com or 419-372-0353 for assistance.
- 8:15-9:15 a.m.
- Check-in will take place in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union (BTSU). At check-in, you will also have the opportunity to have your photo taken for your BG1 Card if needed. Submit a photo before your arrive.
- Campus Resource Fair
- Required & Recommended Open House Sessions:
Honors College students are required to attend this meeting to learn about the Honors College and meet staff members. Family and guests are encouraged to attend.
Students who are part of a BGSU athletic team are required to attend this meeting with staff members from Student Athlete Services. Family members and guests are encouraged to attend.
If you are a recipient of the Thompson Working Families Scholarship, stop by to meet our staff and other new scholars, get your questions answered and take the first step toward making your mark on our program! This is an open house, so swing by when you have some time this morning and feel free to bring your family and guests – we can’t wait to meet you!
Learn how TRIO assists first-generation students, economically disadvantaged students and students with accessibility needs through academic and career advising, scholarships, summer programs, financial aid, tutoring, workshops, cultural exposure and field trips – all completely free!
38 College Park Office Building - Accessibility Services staff are available for private, confidential drop-in meetings during this time to discuss the transition from high school to college, documentation needed to apply for services, potential accommodations available at the college level and how the accommodation process works at BGSU. After 9 a.m., the office will be open until 5 p.m. for students with appointments.
- 9:15-9:45 a.m. Orientation Welcome Session
- 9:45-10:30 a.m.
- Students Meet your Connections Ambassador
- Family & Guests Falcon Family Connections
- 10:45-11:15 a.m. Academics 101 & Life Design
- 11:15-11:30 a.m. Know What You Owe
- 11:45-12:30 p.m.
- Group A Lunch
- Group B Community of Care
- 12:45-1:30 p.m.
- Group A Community of Care
- Group B Lunch
- 1:45-2:45 p.m. Get to Know Your College
- 2:45-3 p.m. Final Remarks
- 3-5 p.m. Choose Your Own Adventure Sessions
- Falcon Family Reception
- Money Matters
- Meet with an Academic Advisor and Planner
- Meet with a Life Design Coach
- Diversity and Belonging Sessions
- Campus Safety Sessions
- Living and Dining on Campus Sessions
- Health and Well-being Sessions
- Aviation: Preparing for Takeoff Sessions
- Residence Hall & Campus Tours*
*Connection Ambassadors will be available to take you on a residence hall tour of sample rooms in Centennial, Conklin, Kohl, Kreischer and McDonald and non-residential campus tours during these specified times. If your residence hall is not listed, the Connections Ambassadors will be able to recommend a different building to tour that has similar furniture, room size, etc.
Facilities used for Orientation are barrier free. Accessible parking is available in parking lots for guests who properly display a current state-issued disability placard in accordance with Ohio Revised Code. Please notify us of your needs for accommodations at least one week prior to your arrival by returning to your online reservation, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling our office at 419-372-0353.
To our guests with disabilities, please indicate if you need special services, assistance or appropriate modifications to fully participate in this event by contacting Accessibility Services at email@example.com or 419-372-8495 prior to the event.
Updated: 10/18/2022 04:21PM