Prospective Members

How do I join the Falcon Marching Band?

The first thing to do is fill out our interest form.  By providing your information, we promise to keep you up-to-date on all information about our training week (our version of band camp), fall schedule, and exactly what you need to do to register for the class.

2022 Falcon Marching Band Interest Form

How do I audition for the BGSU Twirlers?

All interested members must audition to join the BGSU Twirlers.  To audition, please complete the audition form below.

Deadline for completing this audition form is Monday, May 23, 2022.

If you have any questions about the process, please contact our Twirling Coach, Dr. Kathy Siebenaler-Wilson.

2022 BGSU Twirler Audition Form

How do I audition for the Drumline?

Visit the Drumline Webpage for updated information about auditions.

If you have questions, please contact our Drumline Coordinator: Dr. Mark Cook

How do I audition for the Color Guard?

More information about the 2022 Color Guard Auditions will be posted soon!

Is the Falcon Marching Band an academic class?

YES! The Falcon Marching Band is an academic course on the Main Campus of Bowling Green State University.  All members of the ensemble must be registered for the class in order to participate.  Each student should register for MUSP 4390E and select the 1001 or 1002 section based on your instrument.  

  • Brass, Woodwind, Color Guard and Twirler: Register for MUSP 4390E 72172 1001 
  • Percussion: Register for MUSP 4390E 72525 1002

What is the instrumentation of the Falcon Marching Band?

The Falcon Marching Band uses a standard marching band instrumentation with each of the following instruments:

  • Flutes
  • Piccolos
  • Clarinets
  • Alto saxophones
  • Tenor saxophones
  • Trumpets
  • Mellophones
  • Trombones
  • Euphoniums
  • Sousaphones
  • Drumline: Snares, Tenors, Cymbals, Bass Drums
  • Color Guard
  • Twirlers

Updated: 03/29/2022 02:53PM