Master’s, Doctoral and Certificate Program Applications
Applicants must have graduated with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or complete the degree prior to enrollment. Students are advised to apply at least six months in advance for admission. International students should allow more time for the application process. All credentials submitted to BGSU become the property of BGSU and will not be released.
- Graduate Application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Three letters of recommendation
- Applicants are required
to upload a copy of a transcript – official or unofficial – from all
colleges and universities attended, with the exception of BGSU which
we will enter on your behalf. Degree audits and advising reports
- If you are admitted, you will be required to request an official transcript from each degree-granting institution to be sent directly to the Graduate College.
- Official score from the GRE/GMAT
- Please click the link below for specific information for the program in which you are interested:
- Official TOEFL, MELAB, IELTS score report recommended minimums
- 80 TOEFL IBT
- 77 MELAB
- 6.5 IELTS
- Completion of ELS Intensive English for Academic Purposes Level 112
- BGSU also offers conditional admission to students applying to specific graduate programs who are academically prepared but do not meet our English language proficiency requirements at the time of application to the University. Students may apply for conditional admission based upon successful completion of ELS’s Intensive English for Academic Purposes level 112 . A complete listing of programs that accept ELS Level 112 can be found here.
Once you are admitted to BGSU, we will require the following documents prior to issuing immigration packets.
- A copy of the applicant's passport
BGSU Financial Statement (PDF)
- If your intended program is Analytics or Economics, please use this financial statement.
Transfer Students: All F-1 students transferring from a SEVIS certified institution must complete and submit a
Note: All of the credentials indicated above must be official documents in the English language. Official documents must be the original documents, notarized copies, or official English translations with the official seal or stamp of the notary or the English translator on each document. We cannot accept photocopies or documents marked "Issued to Student".
EXPEDITE SHIPPING - Click this link for information about expediting your admissions packet
While the application process requires the documents listed above,
individual programs may have more requirements. Graduate programs also
have different deadlines, so it is best to contact the department
directly as to when applications will be evaluated. Please remember
that as an international student, applicant materials should be sent
directly tothe Graduate College for admission review:
Bowling Green State University
120 McFall Center
Bowling Green, OH USA 43403-0023
The following link provides a list of BGSU’s graduate programs and a statement of goals and objectives for each. Links are also provided to individual departmental/program web sites.
For additional information concerning the graduate admissions process, please email International Student Services.
For specific information regarding department requirements, please contact the department directly.