Master’s, Doctoral and Certificate Program Applications
Applicants must have graduated with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or complete the degree prior to enrollment. Students are advised to apply at least six months in advance for admission. International students should allow more time for the application process. All credentials submitted to BGSU become the property of BGSU and will not be released.
- Graduate Application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required. Please visit the program website for additional information.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents. Please visit the program website for additional information.
For specific information for the program in which you are interested view here.
- Official TOEFL, MELAB, IELTS score report recommended minimums are:
- 80 TOEFL IBT
- 77 MELAB
- 6.5 IELTS
- 53 PTE (Pearson Test of English)
- 110 Duolingo English Test Score (temporarily accepted through 7/15/21)
- Completion of ELS Intensive English for Academic Purposes Level 112
- BGSU also offers conditional admission to students applying to specific graduate programs who are academically prepared but do not meet our English language proficiency requirements at the time of application to the University. Students may apply for conditional admission based upon successful completion of ELS’s Intensive English for Academic Purposes level 112 .
Once you are admitted to BGSU, we will require the following documents prior to issuing immigration packets.
- A copy of the applicant's passport
- BGSU Financial Statement (PDF)
- If your intended program is Analytics or Economics, please use this financial statement.
Transfer Students: All F-1 students transferring from a SEVIS certified institution must complete and submit a
Note: All of the credentials indicated above must be official documents in the English language. Official documents must be the original documents, notarized copies, or official English translations with the official seal or stamp of the notary or the English translator on each document. We cannot accept photocopies or documents marked "Issued to Student".
EXPEDITE SHIPPING - Click this link for information about expediting your admissions packet
While the application process requires the documents listed above, individual programs may have more requirements. Graduate programs also have different deadlines, so it is best to contact the department directly as to when applications will be evaluated. Please remember that as an international student, applicant materials should be sent directly to the Graduate College for admission review:
Bowling Green State University
120 McFall Center
Bowling Green, OH USA 43403-0023
View a list of BGSU’s graduate programs and a statement of goals and objectives for each. Links are also provided to individual departmental/program web sites.
For additional information concerning the graduate admissions process, please email International Student Services.
For specific information regarding department requirements, please contact the department directly.
BGSU Steps to Success for New International Graduate Students
International Students Next Steps Webinar 2019