Slate Resources & Training
This web site is a resource for BGSU Graduate faculty and staff who use the Slate Graduate Admissions system. To access Slate go to gradapply.bgsu.edu/manage. Use your BGSU ID and password. Login using Chrome, FireFox or Safari browser (do not use Internet Explorer).
For the complete Slate User Manual, graduate faculty and staff should visit the Graduate Admissions section of the Graduate Coordinator and Advisor Resources SharePoint site. Instructions on How to Access SharePoint.
BGSU Graduate Admissions staff, faculty, and other authorized users are provided Slate Graduate Admissions system access and training as needed. Access may be granted at several levels: Dept Admin Asst, Faculty Reviewer, Program Coordinator, and User. To gain access rights, please have your program coordinator or supervisor contact or email Angie McCutcheon at email@example.com.
- To create or return to an existing Graduate application go to: https://gradapply.bgsu.edu/apply/
- Applicants can also navigate to www.bgsu.edu/graduate, click Apply Now button, and scroll to the "Apply Now or Return to Existing Application" button.
Graduate Inquiry Form
Prospects go to https://gradapply.bgsu.edu/register/inquiry to submit a Graduate program inquiry. Departments may also enter prospects contact information when contacted directly by an inquirer, see instructions at the top of the form. Enter today's date as the DOB if needed.
- To find an application query, open Slate, click on the Reader icon (third icon from the left) in Slate.
- This lands you on the Reader/Home tab. Click on a query to pull up your applicants.
- Example: Click on All Applications in Active Terms link. Click the Run Query button to view list.
- Click on any record in the query list and click the Lookup Record link.
- This quickly lands you on the Application tab to view the record.
- If you want to view the next record, click the Next link in the upper right hand corner.
- To return the query, click on the query link above the applicant name
- To move to Reader, click on the Read Application link in the list on the right.
Pin a Record to your Search List - When you search a record in Slate (first icon on the left), it remembers the 10 most recent names by adding these to your drop down list. If you want to Pin a Record to the top of your Search Menu, point to the right of the name in your search list until the Pin appears and click once. Follow these same steps to unpin a record.
Find a record in Reader - When you open Reader, the programs you have rights to can be seen. If you have a long list of applications during our peak admission season, you may want to search for a specific record, program or term. Open Reader, click on Browse, and click on the Default drop down list (top right hand side) and select to filter by Name, Program or Term.
Reader Home Tab Queries - On on the Reader Home tab, there are several queries with applicant data available to you to review, and download if desired.