Policy Development Checklist
- Have you reviewed Section (D) of the Policy on Policy Development (3341-1-5)?
- If you are working on a revision to an already existing policy, have you requested the accessible remediated word version of the policy template from the Office of General Counsel? It is critical to start with this remediated version to ensure that the accessibility of the document is maintained.
- If you are proposing a policy amendment, have you used “track changes” in the Word document to show the revisions?
- Have you consulted with affected university stakeholders and constituencies? Examples of stakeholder and constituency groups include but may not be limited to Faculty Senate, Faculty Association, Undergraduate Student Senate, Graduate Student Association, Administrative Staff Council, and Classified Staff Council.
- Have you submitted the draft policy to the Office of General Counsel for review?
- If you are proposing a policy amendment and think it is minor or non-substantive (see Section (D)(1)(k) of the Policy on Policy Development), please consult with the Office of General Counsel.
- Have you completed and submitted the Equity Impact Assessment Rubric?
- This is required even for revisions.
- Have you submitted the draft policy to the President’s Office with a copy to the Office of General Counsel for inclusion on the Policy Review Council agenda for review?
- Please submit at least five (5) business days in advance to ensure inclusion in the Policy Review Agenda
- Following feedback from the Policy Review Council review, have you reengaged the Office of General Counsel with resulting feedback and requested the Office of General Counsel undertake final formatting?
- The Office of General Counsel will garner final approval from the President on the final formatted version before filing the policy with the State of Ohio for inclusion in the Ohio Administrative Code.
Updated: 03/16/2023 01:54PM