Due to COVID-19, BGSU is temporarily waiving the GRE and GMAT requirements for students applying to any of the University’s graduate certificates and master’s degree programs for summer 2020 and fall 2020.
Graduate application fees for new domestic and international applicants for the summer and fall semesters will also be waived.
Graduate Certificate - Online
Career Technical Workforce Education
If you have been hired by a State of Ohio Career Tech program, this fully-online program is for you. Individuals who receive this certificate will be able to advance their State of Ohio Career Tech four-year Alternative Teaching License to a State of Ohio five-year Career Tech Professional Teaching License. The certificate can also be used as the electives for a Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Teaching at BGSU, and students would only need five more courses to complete the master's program.
Required Courses (20 hours)
- EDWF 5220 (or EDWF 6970 Section 1) – Field Experiences in Workforce Education and Development (Field Experience 1) – 2 credits
- EDWF 5630 – Adult Teaching and Learning (or EDWF 5860 Foundations) -- 3 credits
- EDTL 5200 – Disciplinary Literacy 4-12 ---3 credits
- EDTL 6120 – Classroom Technology for Teachers (Core Course for Master Degree in Curriculum and Teaching) – 3 credits
- EDWF 5670 – Teaching and Learning in Workforce Edu. and Development (will substitute for Core Course EDTL 6500 for Master's Degree in Curriculum and Teaching) - 3 credits
- EDWF 5770 (or EDWF 6970 Section 2)– Advanced Internship in Teaching and Learning in WFED (Field Experience 2) – 3 credits
- EDWF 5690 – Program & Work-based Management - 3 credits
Submit Your Graduate College Application Online
Must hold a valid State of Ohio four-year Alternative Educator License
Applicants must have successful completion of EDWF 4100, or the equivalent, with a grade of "B" or better and currently hold a State of Ohio 4-year Alternative Resident Educator License. First course is taken at the undergraduate level to help determine if individual wants to take additional courses at the undergraduate level or at the graduate certificate level
Submit scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended to the Graduate College. Upon admission, final official transcripts from each degree granting institution must be submitted. Official transcripts are to be sent to:
120 McFall Center
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
GRE/PRAXIS scores are NOT required
Non-native speakers of English must have a minimum 80 TOEFL IBT, 53 PTEA, or 7.0 IELTS score.
Statement of Purpose
You will upload this as part of the online application process for this program.
The Statement of Purpose should address:
- your motivation for pursuing graduate study in your chosen field
- what you hope to gain through graduate study
- your career aspirations following completion of the program
- your personal qualities that relate to your future success as a graduate student