Early Childhood Education 4-5 Generalist Endorsement
Finish in two semesters
7 week courses
The BGSU Early Childhood Education 4-5 Generalist Endorsement (ECE) program prepares you to teach all subject areas in grades 4 and 5.
- EDTL 4500/5500 - Upper Elementary Social Studies Instruction
- EDTL 4501/5501 - Upper Elementary Math Instruction
- EDTL 4502/5502 - Upper Elementary Science Instruction
- EDTL 4503/5503 - Upper Elementary Language Arts Instruction
- HDFS 4504/5504 - Development and Learning in Children 8-12
• Licensed Early Childhood Education professionals
• Teacher candidates who are currently enrolled as juniors in a teacher preparation program leading to early childhood licensure.
• Once coursework is finished, candidates must also pass the Ohio Assessment for Educators Elementary Education Test (Subtest I 018) and (Subtest II 019).
To Obtain the Endorsement:
- Once course requirements are complete, candidates will need to submit the following to the EDHD Office of Accreditation and Licensure:
- An Ohio Department of Education Licensure Application
- Associated fees
- An official transcript of final grades
- An official score report confirming passage of the Ohio Assessment for Educators Elementary Education Test (Subtest I 018) and (Subtest II 019).
Submit Your Graduate College Application Online
For Area of Study, select “Certificate” AND “Software Engineering - Certificate (eCampus)”
Note: All graduate level programs use the same Graduate College Application. A $45 nonrefundable application fee is assessed for domestic applications. The international application fee is $75.
Submit scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended to the Graduate College. Upon admission, final official transcripts from each degree granting institution must be submitted.
Request official transcripts be sent to:
200 University Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Required: Early Childhood Education license (prek-3)
You will upload a copy of the Early Childhood Education license (prek-3) on the graduate application. No letters of recommendation or personal statement is required.