The Computer Technology Endorsement program is the first 16 credit hours of the full master’s degree in classroom technology. Teachers adding this certificate to their existing Ohio teacher license will be prepared to provide leadership in technology for local, state or national education initiatives, but will also earn the credential for high quality and be licensed to teach computer science courses in K-12 public schools.
This is a sample of a course sequence for a cohort that starts in Fall semester. The first 6 courses are those for the Computer Technology Endorsement Certificate.
- EDTL 6310: Tech in the 21st Century (3 credits)
- EDTL 6360: Internet in the Education Community (3 credits)
- EDTL 6350: Real World Technology (3 credits)
- EDTL 6330: Dynamic Media 1 (3 credits)
- EDTL 6320: Tech Leadership & Professional Development (3 credits)
- EDTL 6390: Diversity in the Field (1 credit)
Steps to Apply
Submit Your Application Online
Note: All graduate level programs use the same Graduate College Application. A $45 nonrefundable application fee is assessed for domestic applications. The international application fee is $75.
Submit Official Collegiate Transcripts and Test Scores
Submit scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended to the Graduate College. Upon admission, final official transcripts from each degree granting institution must be submitted.
Official transcripts are to be sent to:
120 McFall Center
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
The Graduate Coordinator will send you more information on taking the Wayfind Assessment once you have processed the rest of your application materials. TOEFL scores are required from applicants whose native language is not English. For information on the GRE/Praxis/TOEFL tests, visit the Educational Testing Service website.
Write a Letter of Interest
You will upload this as part of the online application process for this program.
- Specification of the cohort to which you are applying, such as
“online Summer 2013".
- One to three
paragraphs describing your experience with technology, and
particularly technology in the classroom.
- One to three paragraphs describing what interests you about earning a master’s degree in classroom technology. (Why are you applying for this program?)