BGSU is temporarily reducing the out-of-state fee to $1 per credit hour for specific graduate programs during the 2020-2021 academic year for out-of-state students who have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Ohio from an Ohio institution.
To obtain the BGSU Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders, participants in this program take five graduate-level courses developed to provide the skills needed to advocate for and support individuals with Autism through a focus on
evidence-based practices and strategies.
All courses are offered 100% online.
Certificate Courses (15 hours) - Five Autism Spectrum Disorders courses:
- EDIS 6440: Nature and Characteristics of Students with ASD
- EDIS 6460: Social, Sensory & Communication Issues for Students with ASD
- EDIS 6480: Assessment, Methods and Materials for Students with ASD
- EDIS 6700: Classroom & Behavior Management for Students with ASD
- EDIS 6750: Evidence Based Practices and Strategies for Students with ASD
To be accepted into this certificate program, applicants must have bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.7 or graduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 (when graduate semester hours are 9 or greater).
Submit Your Graduate College Application Online
Note: All graduate level programs use the same Graduate College Application. There is a non-refundable application fee.
As part of the online application process you will upload scanned copies of transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official transcripts from each degree-granting institution must be submitted to the Graduate College.
Non-native speakers of English must have a minimum 80 TOEFL IBT, 53 PTEA, or 7.0 IELTS score. For information visit the Educational Testing Service website.
Request that transcripts [and test scores, if
applicable] be sent directly to:
200 University Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0180
Statement of Purpose
As part of the online application process you will upload a Statement of Purpose which should address:
- your motivation for pursuing graduate study in your chosen field
- what you hope to gain through graduate study
- your career aspirations following completion of the program
- your personal qualities that relate to your future success as a graduate student