Due to COVID-19, BGSU is temporarily waiving the GRE and GMAT requirements for students applying to any of the University’s graduate certificates and master’s degree programs for summer 2020 and fall 2020.
Graduate application fees for new domestic and international applicants for the summer and fall semesters will also be waived.
Graduate Certificate - Online
Applied Behavior Analysis
This fully online certificate, when paired with the appropriate Master’s Degree, is designed to prepare candidates to be competent practitioners in Applied Behavior Analysis. The program will appeal to prospective students who are interested in professional careers in education, health care, and/or other settings in which they work with children, adolescents, and/or adults who have behavioral challenges.
EDIS 6010: Applied Behavior Analysis I (ABA-I) (3)
EDIS 6020: Applied Behavior Analysis II (ABA-II) (3)
EDIS 6030: Intensive Applications and Settings in Applied Behavior Analysis (3)
EDIS 6040: Educational Applications of Behavior Analysis (3)
EDIS 6050: Single-Case Design Research in Education (3)
EDIS 6060: Ethical Practices in Applied Behavior Analysis (3)
- Examine basic behavior concepts
- Apply fundamental elements of behavior change
- Complete a Functional Analysis for an individual and create programming based on the assessment results and knowledge of appropriate intervention
- Apply the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts (PECCBA) and the relevant state ethical codes to issues of practice in ABA
- Analyze educational applications of behavior analysis to areas of socially significant behavior for populations other than individuals with developmental disabilities
- Design a research experiment to systematically replicate findings from a study published in a peer-reviewed academic journal
Admission to the Applied Behavior Analysis graduate certificate is contingent on having a bachelor’s degree and having/pursuing a master’s degree in psychology or special education, both from accredited institutions. .
Submit Your Graduate College Application Online
Note: All graduate level programs use the same Graduate College Application. A $45 nonrefundable application fee is assessed for domestic applications. The international application fee is $75.
Submit scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended to the Graduate College. Upon admission, final official transcripts from each degree granting institution must be submitted.
Request official transcripts be sent to:
120 McFall Center
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Applicants must also submit GRE, OAE or Praxis test scores.
International applicants are also required to submit scores from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTEA), or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Successful completion of ELS 112 will also be accepted for this requirement.
A statement of purpose is also required.