At BGSU, students are assigned an academic advisor from day one, and we strive to provide every opportunity possible for students to not only meet with an advisor, but to develop an important and on-going partnership designed to lead toward the important outcome of student success.
BGSU advisors strive to challenge and support students to become independent and engaged citizens who are able to take responsibility for achieving lifelong educational, personal, and career goals.
Academic advising provides students with the opportunity to build a relationship with their advisors for the purpose of gaining assistance in planning their educational career, in learning the skills needed for academic success, and in learning how to access the variety of resources and services available to them on the BGSU campus.
Across all of our programs and colleges, students work with advisors to:
- establish educational and career goals
- develop academic degree plans
- explore experiential learning opportunities such as study abroad, service learning, internships, undergraduate research and many other co-curricular opportunities
BGSU College Advising Offices
Arts and Sciences 419-372-2015
Education and Human Development 419-372-7372
Health and Human Services 419-372-8242
Musical Arts 419-372-2181
Advising and Academic Services 419-372-8943
Technology, Architecture and Applied Engineering 419-372-7581
CAREER CENTER 419-372-2356
We aspire to create a culture of advising excellence for our students, marked by ongoing professional development and collegiality among advisors across campus.
- Advising Centers
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Education and Human Development
- Firelands College
- College of Health and Human Services
- Honors College
- College of Musical Arts
- Pre-College Programs
- Undergraduate Advising and Academic Services
- College of Technology, Architechture, and Applied Engineering