The Co-Op 50 course is a collaborative effort between Bowling Green State University, students, and employers. The employer provides a safe work environment, supervision, and instruction that helps a student acquire the skills and knowledge needed in their field of study. The student must work a minimum of 100 hours during a minimum of 6 weeks in a semester as part of the program and register their experience as a Co-Op 50 course.
The following agreement may be terminated by the employer or the University for good and sufficient cause by providing reasonable, advanced written notice, and agree to indemnify each other from any claims or liability.
Employers Agree To:
- Respond promptly to all Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections and student communication
- Hire student without discrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status
- Complete and return the Employer Verification form to finalize student registration
- Provide Workers’ Compensation and other employment benefits to the student to the extent required by law
- Orient the student to their specific roles and responsibilities in the organization
- Relate work assignments as fully as possible to the student’s field of study and career interests
- Provide meaningful supervision and conduct periodic appraisals of the student’s performance, to be shared with the student
- Inform the Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections about any cause of dissatisfaction or misconduct on behalf of the student
- Be available for a site visit, as requested, by the Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections
- Notify the Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections of any changes in the student’s status including employment and termination dates, promotions, and disciplinary actions
- Complete the online employer evaluation form at the end of the student’s experience
Students Agree To:
- Register your cooperative education or internship experience through Handshake
- Be actively enrolled in a undergraduate or graduate program at the University during experience
- Complete experience only with employers approved by the Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections
- Respond promptly to all Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections and employer communication
- Maintain personal health insurance or student health insurance
- Obtain automobile liability insurance if required by the employer
- Acquire professional liability insurance through Bowling Green State University if required by the employer
- Perform specific roles and responsibilities as outlined in the position description
- Comply with all rules, regulations, and policies by the employer and University
- Report changes in student status or employment concerns to the Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections and direct supervisor
- Complete the online student evaluation form at the end of each experience
To access the Co-Op 50 Course Registration, you must log into your Handshake account and click on Resources under the Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections section.
For additional information about the Cooperative Education and Internship Program, please contact the Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections at 419-372-2356 or email@example.com.
Updated: 08/16/2023 04:02PM