Graduate Student Ambassador Application
Are you ready to lead?
Each year Graduate Admissions recruits and trains our Ambassadors to welcome the next class of graduate students to Bowling Green State University.
Do you remember your Graduate Student Ambassador? Do you want to be a point of contact for incoming graduate students? Interested in sharing your passion for BGSU? Then, you are encouraged to apply to become a Graduate Student Ambassador!
Call for 2022-2023 is complete!
Applications will be accepted for 2023-2024 late 2023!
Contact Jennifer Sayre with questions.
Graduate Student Ambassador Position Description
To provide graduate student leaders that are dedicated to representing BGSU and serving as a role model to prospective and incoming graduate students. Ambassadors will speak to the graduate culture, lead campus tours and perform all other duties as assigned to ensure a great student experience.
- Matriculated Graduate Student in Good Standing
- Able to perform duties as assigned from March – March
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, proficiency in Excel and Word
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Leadership Ability
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend monthly training sessions (March - May)
- Work with Graduate Coordinators, Department chairs, Faculty, Graduate Secretaries, and current graduate students to assist in the development department-specific orientation and training schedule.
- Engage in frequent written and verbal communication with incoming students regarding Orientation.
- Perform all duties as assigned during the Graduate College orientation week sessions. Duties may include, but are not limited to, staffing registration tables, greeting students, moderating sessions, participating in sessions and leading campus tours.
- Promote BGSU graduate programs during on campus recruitment events such as Campus Fest, Preview Days, Campus Visits, Career Expo and webinars during Fall and Spring semesters.
- Serve as a role model for the Graduate College by participating in on campus yield events such as phone and email campaigns during the Spring semester.
- Lead campus tours for prospective graduate students and their families during individual and group visits.
- Perform all duties as assigned during the Annual Graduate and Professional School Fair. Duties may include but are not limited to staffing registration tables, vendor assistance and staffing break rooms.
Position Duration: March – March
Reporting Structure: Assistant Director, Graduate Enrollment
Estimated hours of commitment: 40 for the year
Pay scale: $10.00 per hour
Updated: 03/16/2022 01:36PM