Multi-Platform Journalism and Storytelling Camp
June 19 - 22, 2023 Apply Now
General Deadline Extended: April 25th
Students will learn and enhance basic reporting skills as well as technical skills involving capturing and editing video, capturing and editing audio, creating social media content, audio broadcasting, video broadcasting, writing, and storytelling. After a day of skills training, students will “learn by doing,” working in teams to create multimedia packages as well as having the opportunity to meet and learn from industry professionals.
- NON-Residential Camp
- Camp Dates: Monday June 19 - Thursday June 22
- Camp Times: 8:45 AM - 5 PM
- Meals Provided
- Continetal breakast items to-go, Lunch & Snack
- Camp sessions will take place in the following Kuhlin Center spaces giving campers first hand experiences guided by School of Media and Communications Faculty
- Kuhlin Center convergence lab,
- Stanton Audio Recording Studio,
- Falcon Radio studios,
- Audio & Video editing lab
- Video production lab,
- Green screen room
- Students entering 10th - 12th grade fall 2023 who are interested in learning more about careers in Journalism.
- The $330 cost of camp covers all program materials, lunch and snacks throughout the week as well as instruction and studio times.
How can I apply?
First, complete the full online form so that we can learn more about you. This camp is a non-residential camp. Students will attend daily from 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Students must be between 14-17 years old for the entirety of the program
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
Application Cancellation Policy
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application at anytime by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- General Deadline Extended: April 25th
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $25.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the seventh day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Camp Week June 19 Payment Due May 1, 2023
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Medical Authorization Form
- BGSU Medical: Permission to Dispense Medication (Used for over the counter medication, tylenol, sinus etc)
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- Full refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs on or before May 1, 2022
- 75% refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs 21 days or more to the start of camp.
- 50% refund minus depost if cancelation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program. Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
Updated: 03/06/2023 02:12PM