FutureMed: Exploring Health Careers
June 13 - 17, 2022
Application Opens December 1st
Early Consideration Deadline: March 1st
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
Learn about your career interests with the help of the Bowling Green State University Future Med Virtual academy. This program will be filled with exciting one-of-a-kind webinars, live-streamed events and labs you can do at home!
- Interact with medical students, practitioners and professors
- Attend college-style lectures online
- Hear from and talk to current medical students in both MD/DO programs who are BGSU alumni
- Explore what a day in the life is like from Mercy Health Life Flight first responders
- Learn what it is like to be a student at BGSU from the BGSU Pre-Health Ambassadors
Featured Labs & Activities
- Mock Patient Rotation Exercise & Discussion
- Mock Dental Impression Lab
- Speech & Hearing - Dysphagia simulation Lab
- Medical Lab Science Virtual Synchronous Activity
- Test out some physical therapy exercises at home
Who can attend?
For students who will be entering 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th grade & who are excited to experience a career in health science.
What is the camp format?
The Future Med: Exploring Health Careers program will run as a virtual academy for 2022, though virtual the program will be an intense week with guest speakers who are professionals in their field. The 2022 program will feature new labs, hands on activities and a participant favorite, the patient rotation will once again be featured on Thursday.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $195 dollars (camperships possible) covers the webinars, lectures, guest speakers and support for the full week, admission to our virtual tours, lab materials and activities.
Camp Kit & Workbook Materials
The Camp Kit will come with all materials needed for the week long exploration program, including a program workbook that includes many of the resources, worksheets, and notes from all of the guest speakers.
A Glimpse of some of the items & activities include:
- BGSU® Future Med T-Shirt
- Future Med Exploring Health Careers Spiral Bound Workbook.
- Exercise Band
- Dissection Kit
- Simulation Dental Mold Activity Kit
- and more!
How can I apply?
Complete the online form so that we can learn more about you and your interest in discovering more about the health sciences and ample careers.
Application Dates & Deadlines
- Early Decision Deadline: March 1, 2022
- First wave applicants will be notified by March 22 of acceptance
- Final Deadline to apply: April 15, 2022
- Final wave applicants will be notified by May 1, 2022
- WAITLIST APPLICANTS will be notified by May 30, 2022
Letter of Reference (Optional)
- Applicants have the option to request a letter of reference and if they decide to do this should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application anytime.
- Deposits are non-refundable
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $20.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Camp Week: June 13, 2022 Payment Due: May 15, 2022
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
Full refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs on or before May 15, 2021
75% refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs 21 days or more to the start of camp.
25% refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program. Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
Updated: 04/27/2022 01:29PM