FutureMeds: Exploring Health Careers
June 19 - 23, 2023
Pre-Professional College Visit Day July 29, 2023
Application will remain open until all spots are filled or by June 1st
Learn about your career interests with the help of the Bowling Green State University Future Meds: Exploring Health Careers Virtual academy. This program will be filled with exciting one-of-a-kind webinars, live-streamed events and labs you can do at home!
- BGSU STUDENT PERSPECTIVES
- SEMINAR SERIES
- The Art & Science of Dentistry
- The Premier Perspective (Optometry)
- Physician Associate
- Veterinary Medicine
- Professionalism and Medical Ethics
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM EXPLORATIONS
- Gain insight into the professional program career field
- Daily interactive sessions
Featured Labs & Activities
- Mock Patient Rotation Exercise & Discussion
- Speech & Hearing - Dysphagia simulation Lab
- Sterile Techinque and PPE Lab
- Medical Lab Science - Blood Typing
- More to come..
Pre-Professional College Visit Day
- Date: July 29, 2023
- Cost: Included as part of the Virtual Academy Registration
- Details: Lunch Provided
- Student's will:
- Interact with BGSU faculty members
- Visit BGSU Labs
- Herpatology Lab
- Marine Biology Lab
- Organic Chemistry Lab
- Participate in a dissection activity with an Anatomy Professor
- Learn about BGSU's new Doctorate of Physical Therapy Program and BGSU Honors College
- Interact with BGSU faculty members
Who can attend?
For students who will be entering 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th grade & who are excited to experience a career in health science.
What is the camp format?
The Future Meds: Exploring Health Careers program will run as a virtual academy for 2023, though virtual the program will be an intense week with guest speakers who are professionals in their field. The 2023 program will feature new activities and a participant favorite, the UTMC patient rotation activity.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $195 dollars (camperships possible) covers the webinars, lectures, guest speakers and support for the full week, admission to our virtual tours, lab materials and activities.
The camp crate will come with all materials needed for the week long exploration program, including a program workbook that includes many of the resources, worksheets, and notes from all of the guest speakers.
How can I apply?
Complete the online form so that we can learn more about you and your interest in discovering more about the health sciences and ample careers.
Application Dates & Deadlines
- Early Decision Deadline: March 1, 2023
- First wave applicants will be notified by March 22 of acceptance
- Final Deadline to apply: April 25, 2023
- Final wave applicants will be notified by May 1, 2023
- WAITLIST APPLICANTS will be notified by May 30, 2023
Letter of Reference (Optional)
- Applicants have the option to request a letter of reference and if they decide to do this should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application anytime.
- Deposits are non-refundable
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $20.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Camp Week: June 19, 2023 Payment Due: May 15, 2023
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
Full refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs on or before May 15, 2023
75% refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs 21 days or more to the start of camp.
25% refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program. Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
Updated: 04/26/2023 02:36PM