FutureMed: Exploring Health Careers
FutureMed: Exploring Health Careers
July 12 - 16, 2021 STILL ACCEPTING APPLY NOW
Learn about your career interests with the help of the Bowling Green State University Future Med Virtual academy. This program will be filled with exciting one-of-a-kind webinars, live-streamed events and labs you can do at home!
- Interact with medical students, practitioners and professors
- Attend college-style lectures online
- Participate in at-home laboratory activities
- Hear from Mercy Health – Life Flight first responders
- Learn what it is like to be a student at BGSU from the BGSU Pre-Health Ambassadors
- Hear from and talk to current medical students in both MD/DO programs who are BGSU alumni
- Tele-Health: How you can have a doctor’s appointment via webcast
- More lessons & activities to be announced
Who can attend?
For students who will be entering 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th grade & who are excited to experience a career in health science.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $175 dollars (camperships possible) covers the webinars, lectures, guest speakers and support for the full week, admission to our virtual tours & camp materials including a camp branded crate and BGSU Future Meds T-Shirt.
Camp Kit & Workbook Materials
The Camp Kit will come with all materials needed for the week long Future Med Exploring Health Careers Camp, including a camp workbook that includes many of the resources, worksheets, and notes from all of the guest speakers.
A Glimpse of some of the items & activities include:
- BGSU® Future Med T-Shirt
- Future Med Exploring Health Careers Spiral Bound Workbook.
- Student Blood Pressure Kit & Stethoscope
- Exercise Band and more.
How can I apply?
Complete the online form below so that we can learn more about you and your interest in discovering more about the health sciences and ample careers.
Application Dates & Deadlines
- Final Deadline to apply: April 30, 2021
- First wave applicants will be notified by March 15 of acceptance
- Final wave applicants will be notified by May 5, 2021
Letter of Reference (Optional)
- Applicants have the option to request a letter of reference and if they decide to do this should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application anytime.
- Deposits are non-refundable
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $20.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Camp Week: July 12, 2021 Payment Due: May 19, 2021
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
Full refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs on or before May 19, 2021
75% refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs 21 days or more to the start of camp.
25% refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program. Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.