Degrees & Programs
Widely known as one of the country's outstanding collegiate music programs in music education and contemporary music, the College of Musical Arts prepares students to be educators, performers, and scholars on an international level. Celebrated faculty members position students to live and achieve their passion, and our unique contemporary music program has inspired alumni to Pulitzer and Grammy Award level achievements.
- Students receive individualized instruction in the Moore Musical Arts Center—one of the nation's finest music facilities—which has a state-of-the-art computer lab and music technology and recording studios.
- Nearly 60 full-time faculty are active teachers, scholars and performers with national and international reputations.
- Orchestra, bands, choirs, small groups, and world music ensembles are open to all University students (some may require an audition).
- The Batchelder Residential Music Community and the Arts Village Residential Community are conveniently located across the street from the Moore Musical Arts Center.
- Approximately 90 scholarships are offered annually to incoming students to recognize musical and academic achievement.
More information about these programs, including details on the College of Musical Arts's other degree offerings, preparing for a course of study in music, and related opportunities are at the following links.
The musicology, ethnomusicology, theory, and composition area have two minors available for undergraduates who are interested in the music industry and recording technology.
Applying and Funding Opportunities
The BGSU College of Musical Arts features a range of opportunities for graduate assistantships, fellowships, scholarships, and awards. The following links contain information about funding specific to the department, resources for University-wide programs, and details on the application and interview process.
Information on Admissions, Assistantships, Fellowships, and Financial Aid
Pro Musica is an on-campus organization that links with alumni, friends of the University, and the community to offer various grants and awards for students.
The following pages explain the admissions, assistantship, and financial aid processes for Bowling Green State University and provide resources for students who are interested or have applied for admission to the College of Musical Arts.