As a stand-alone degree or the first step toward an advanced degree, the online Associate of Technical Study (ATS) can jump start your path to success. Customizable, and aligned with growing industry opportunities, the ATS degree is a great way to shape your unlimited career potential.
Through our ATS online program, you will work closely with an academic advisor from Firelands to create a plan for your success. Begin or advance your career in fields such as business, management, technology or quality systems. When you’re ready, push yourself further in our online bachelor degree programs.
This program is also offered in a traditional classroom setting. Learn more about the classroom version offered on the BGSU Firelands campus.
Our customizable, online program can be tailored to your career goals and academic strengths.
Associate of Technical Study
Advance Your Career
Employers are looking for people who have essential skills and competencies backed by a solid academic foundation. With the ATS degree, you’ll stand out from the crowd and go from job to career in as little as 18 – 24 months.
- Develop your academic credentials
- Build your professional expertise
- Strengthen your management and leadership skills
- Sharpen your critical thinking and communication skills
You'll take interesting and practical courses such as:
Management and Supervision
NOTE: Courses will be offered in 6 ,7, 8, 12 and 15 week formats
BGSU Degree | World-class faculty | 100% online
Online Degree Programs
- --------------- BACHELOR'S DEGREES --------------------
- Allied Health, BS
- Management & Technology, BS
- Quality Systems, BS
- --------------- MASTER'S DEGREES --------------------
- Assistive Technology - M.Ed in Special Education
- Autism Spectrum Disorders - M.Ed in Special Education
- Criminal Justice, MS
- Classroom Technology, M.Ed
- Curriculum & Teaching, M.Ed
- Food and Nutrition Masters
- Learning Design, M.Ed
- Music Education Masters - Online Teaching Artistry Specialization
- Reading Masters
- Secondary Transition - M.Ed in Special Education
- --------------- CERTIFICATES & ENDORSEMENTS ---------------
- Computer Technology Endorsement
- Transition to Work Endorsement
- Ohio Reading Endorsement
- Assistive Technology Certificate
- K-12 Online Teaching and Learning Certificate
- Quality Systems - Graduate Certificate
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Certificate
Students complete 27 hours of general requirements – including one each from humanities and arts, social/behavioral sciences natural sciences, communication and mathematics as well as 36 hours from technical studies. Students will work closely with an academic advisor to select an appropriate course plan to meet their career goals.
- Complete application to BGSU Firelands
- Submit transcripts from previous institutions
Steps to Apply
Submit Your Application Online
Submit Your Application Online
Note: There is a non-refundable application fee of $45.
If for some reason all of your transcripts do not arrive or you decide not to begin for a given semester, another application and fee will be required for the next semester.
Submit Official Transcripts
Submit official transcripts from previous institutions:
- If you have no prior college coursework, submit your high school transcript
- If you have 30+ semester or 45 + quarter hours from an accredited college(s), submit your college transcripts. You do not need to submit your high school transcript
- If you have less than 30 semester or 45 quarter hours, submit both your high school and college transcripts
Most commonly, we receive electronic transcripts via Parchment, eScript-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse and Articulation and Transfer Clearinghouse. We are willing to access electronic transcripts through any other secure sites hosted by the sending institution.
College officials are welcome to send links to secure site delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to mail admission documents, please send them to:
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
103 Foundation Hall
One University Drive
Huron, OH 44839
Firelands Advisor Will Help You Enroll
Approximately one week after the Admissions Office receives your transcripts and application, your application will be processed. You will receive an email from the Admissions office when that is complete. As your registration date approaches, you will receive emails about how to participate in an online, telephone or in person Student Orientation, Advising, & Registration (SOAR). During your SOAR appointment, you will register for classes.