The BSAH curriculum requires a minimum of 122 credit hours. A total of 92 credit hours combined from an associate degree and other appropriate courses is applied toward the BSAH. The eCampus component of the BSAH program requires students to complete 10 three credit-hour courses (30 credit hours) of designated BGSU courses referred to as “Pathway to Completion”. The “Pathway to Completion” courses are online.
Listed below are the prerequisite courses that students need to complete before being admitted to the eCampus Allied Health Program. A minimum of 36 credit hours of general education courses are also needed and some of the courses listed below can count toward these. Our advisors can provide more details about prerequisite course equivalents and general education course requirements.
- Medical Terminology
- Technical or Advanced Writing
- Lifespan Psychology
- Introduction to
- Medical Ethics
- College Algebra
- General Psychology
- Introduction to Gerontology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
BGSU eCampus Online Courses
- Fall 1 - PUBH 3300 - Research Methods Public/Allied Health
- Fall 1 - GERO 3010 - Diversity in the Experience of
- Fall 2 - PUBH 4250 - Policies in Healthcare
- Fall 2 - PUBH 3200 - Introduction to Public Health
- Spring 1 - PUBH 3400 - Introduction to Human Disease
- Spring 1 - SOWK 4400 - Introduction to Addictions and Substance Abuse
- Spring 2 - GERO 4020 - Health and Aging
- Spring 2 - AHS 4010 - Issues in Healthcare Administration
- Summer - AHS 4050 - Case Studies in Healthcare Admin
- Summer - AHTH 3100 - Allied Health Educator
- Must have earned an appropriate associate degree in a medical technical discipline
- Complete application to BGSU and eCampus
- Submit transcripts from all institutions attended
- Completion of all pre-requisite courses including general education courses – (these may be taken at any accredited college, including BGSU)
- 2.0 GPA
To be admitted to the BSAH program, students must previously have earned an associate degree in a health specialty from an accredited college or university. The number of transfer credits granted to entering allied health students varies depending on preparation at the associate degree level and beyond. Pre-admission counseling is required for students seeking entry to the BSAH program. While students can take their additional required courses beyond their associate degrees at BGSU or another institution, the “Pathway to Completion” courses (30 credit hours) must be taken at BGSU.
Steps to Apply
Submit Your Application Online
Note: There is a non-refundable application fee. If for some reason all of your transcripts do not arrive or you decide not to begin for a given semester, another application and fee will be required for the next semester.
Submit Official Collegiate Transcripts
Request official copies of transcripts from every college or university you have attended. The Office of Transfer Evaluation will then evaluate your official transcript for possible credit towards your degree. Official transcripts should be sent directly to:
110 McFall Center
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
eCampus Enrollment Specialist Will Help you Enroll
Approximately one week after the Admissions Office receives your transcripts and application, your application will be processed. You will receive an email from the Admissions office when that is complete. At that point, you will receive an email from an eCampus enrollment specialist with instructions for registration.