Kappa Kappa Psi
Kappa Kappa Psi operates primarily as a co-ed student service and leadership recognition society whose chief aim is to assist the Director of Bands in developing the leadership and enthusiasm that is required of his/her band. Our goals are to provide the band not only with organized and concentrated service activities, but to give our membership valid and wholesome experiences in organization, leadership and social contacts. The honorary nature of membership is based on our premise that “it is an honor to be selected to serve” this band, its department of music, its sponsoring institution, and the cause of band music in the nation's colleges and universities.
Chapter Mission Statement
We, the brothers of the Beta Kappa chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi, are dedicated to continuing involvement in and betterment of the BGSU bands through musical performance, service, and leadership within the local band community and ourselves.
"Kappa Kappa Psi provides valuable and enthusiastic service to bands at Bowling Green State University. They serve in a variety of capacities for the betterment of bands in our College, and do so with great conviction, energy, and enthusiasm."
- Dr. Bruce Moss, Director of Bands at BGSU
Beta Kappa Chapter Sponsor
“The valuable assistance provided by the dedicated brothers of the Beta Kappa chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi is indispensable to the operations of bands at Bowling Green State University. For them, 'Strive for the highest' is more than just a motto--it's a way of life."
- Dr. Carol Hayward, Director Emeritus, Falcon Marching Band Honorary Member, Kappa Kappa Psi
Purposes of Kappa Kappa Psi
Be it known that Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Fraternity for College Band members, is an organization operating exclusively in the field of the college and university bands, and for the following several purposes:
- To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements.
- To honor outstanding band members through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music.
- To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste and unswerving loyalty.
- To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
- To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.
Updated: 12/01/2017 11:16PM