Apply to the College Writing Certificate
How to Apply:
- Go to BGSU Graduate College Admissions.
- Read the instructions there, then click APPLY NOW OR RETURN TO AN EXISTING APPLICATION.
- If you are new to the application system, start an application account. If you have an existing application account, log in.
- Follow the steps in the application system. When you reach the Academic Interest page, choose:
Degree Type: Certificate
Program of Study: College Writing: Theory and Practice – Certificate
Intended Enrollment Status: can be Full-Time or Part-Time
Start Term: can be fall , spring , or summer
All required materials are submitted through the application system. For your application to the Graduate Certificate in College Writing: Theory and Practice, you will be required to submit the following documents:
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. These can be unofficial transcripts when first applying; if accepted to the program, official transcripts will be needed only from colleges and universities from which you earned a degree. Follow instructions within the application system.
- A Statement of Purpose that explains your academic preparation for the program, your purpose for enrolling in it, and your professional goals relevant to the program (roughly 2 pages, double-spaced).
- Three Letters of Recommendation from instructors who have taught you within the past three years, from employers, or from other individuals qualified to evaluate your potential for success in a graduate studies program. You will submit names and email addresses within the application system and the system will contact recommenders and give them directions for submitting letters of recommendation. Please ensure that you have communicated with your recommenders in advance and that they’ve agreed to write letters of recommendation.
- Application fee of $45. This does not need to be paid right away; you can complete and submit your application before paying.