Available Job Positions
Links to Current Job Postings in the English Department are listed below
Assistant Professor, Department of English. Full-time, tenure-track
Application deadline: 11:59 p.m. EDT, October 30, 2018
The principal responsibilities include teaching graduate courses in the Rhetoric & Writing PhD Program and for the online graduate certificate in College Writing, supervising doctoral students, teaching undergraduate courses such as those that support a new writing minor and the preparation of future secondary teachers, engaging significantly in scholarly publishing, and providing service to the department, college, and university as well as to the profession.
1) Doctorate in Rhetoric and Composition or a related area (e.g., Writing Studies) in hand or requirements for doctoral degree completed by time of appointment
2) Research area in digital rhetorics and writing
3) Demonstrable scholarly activity including at least one research presentation at a national or regional conference or one or more published or in press journal articles or book chapters in peer reviewed writing studies venues
For a complete job description & instructions on how to apply for this position visit HireTouch or contact the Office of Human Resources, BGSU.
Assistant Professor in English and Creative Writing (Fiction). Full-time, tenure track.
Application deadline: 11:59 pm EDT on October 30, 2018
- Teach both undergraduate and graduate classes in the MFA and BFA programs, including workshops, techniques of fiction, modern and/or contemporary fiction, imaginative writing, and other courses corresponding to his/her interests and departmental needs
- Advise students, direct theses and serve on thesis committees, aid in the development of the curriculum
- Develop a research agenda that leads to publication of original creative work in reputable and competitive venues
- Provide service to the program, department, college, and university
- MFA or PhD in Creative Writing, or requirements for the degree completed by time of employment
- Demonstrated creative productivity through publication of an original book-length creative work by a reputable publisher (i.e., a commercial, non-profit, or academic press) or other publications in peer-reviewed publications.
For a complete job description and instructions on how to apply for this position visit HireTouch or contact the Office of Human Resources, BGSU.