Zheng Zeng, Ph.D.
Dr. Zeng’s primary research focus is on macroeconomics, applied macroeconomics, and time series econometrics. She is actively working on a series of theoretical and empirical research projects investigating the linear and nonlinear interactions among credit market frictions, time-variant uncertainty and monetary economic fluctuations. Her other projects focus on inflation expectations and central banking. Dr. Zeng has received the summer research grants three years in a row from College of Business.
Dr. Zeng likes research and teaching. “I like solving puzzles and actually learn more from teaching students to solve puzzles. Teaching makes me a better economist.” As a former research assistant in the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, she brings valuable experience in policy-oriented issues to the classroom.
She recommends all business students to read “Slapped by the Invisible Hand: The Panic of 2007,” by Gary Gorton because she believes that the book provides one of the most plausible explanations of the most recent financial meltdown and it offers a very different crisis theory from other books on financial crisis.
- Econ 6110, Graduate Macroeconomic Theory
- Econ 6070, Graduate Econometrics
- Econ 3110, Money and Banking
- Econ 3030, Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Econ 2030, Principles of Macroeconomics
- International Macro Theory and Policy
- Economics of Regulating Industry
- International Economic Policy
- Intermediate Microeconomics
Student Organization Involvements
- BGSU Economics Club, guest speaker
- Financial Management Society, guest speaker
College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University
- Faculty Council Committee
- Election Subcommittee of the Faculty Council
Department of Economics, Bowling Green State University
- Graduate Coordinator
- Graduate Committee
- Undergraduate Paper Contest Committee
- Salary Advisory Committee
- Colloquium Committee
- Evaluation of the Department Under the Leadership of the Chair Committee
- Computer Committee
Honors and Awards
- Nominated Master Teacher Award, Bowling Green State University, 2016
- Outstanding Young Scholar Award, Bowling Green State University, 2013
- Friends of the University Libraries Authors and Artists Award, Bowling Green State University, 2013, 2014
- Summer Research Awards, College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Outstanding Graduate Student Teacher Award, Southern Methodist University, 2008
- Teaching Fellowship, Southern Methodist University, 2006, 2007
- Full Tuition Scholarship and Teaching Assistantship, Southern Methodist University, 2004-2006.