Diversity and Inclusion
Schmidthorst College of Business
The Diversity, Belonging, and Inclusiveness are important strategic priorities of the University and Schmidthorst College of Business. We aspire to be an engaged learning community where each member belongs and is inspired to achieve excellence. For us to become the community we aspire to be, we must become more diverse, inclusive and curious. Additionally, we aspire to be a student-centered learning community and are guided by this focus in our decision-making.
To achieve our goals, the College will create the culture that embodies the respect for diversity and practices inclusivity and belonging from classroom instruction to student organizations to celebrations to intellectual pursuits. We will intentionally educate all members of our community regarding diversity, inclusion and belonging. This will allow us to recruit and retain the best talented faculty, staff and students.
Dean’s Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion (DACODI)
In the Schmidthorst College of Business, we value diverse, inclusive, global perspectives of faculty and students engaging with the business community. We created the DACODI because we know it’s important to:
- engage students in a learning experience that fosters citizenship, global leadership and career preparedness which will lead to lifelong success
- advance global engagement through learning, discovery and service
- build a college community that fosters, celebrates and appreciates diversity and inclusion
DACODI seeks to promote and foster a culture that embraces the diverse backgrounds of all students in the College of Business at Bowling Green State University through academic initiatives and hands-on experiences.
We aim to accomplish this by:
- Hosting cultural events
- Having fundraising events where the proceeds are donated to an important cause
- Administrating an annual climate survey
- Submitting an annual plan that provides recommendations for increasing diversity and inclusion within Schmidthorst
- Helping student organizations increase diversity and inclusion within their organizations
- Researching best practices in universities and corporations
We are proud to be a leader in supporting the University’s overall commitment to diversity and inclusion.
African People’s Association
Black Student Union
Disability Rights Education Awareness and Mentoring
Queens of Color
Saudi Students Association
Diversity also makes good business sense!
Diversity is good for your business's bottom line - Fortune Magazine
If you have a complaint or a concern, contact the President's Office on Diversity and Inclusion
Updated: 10/25/2022 01:36PM