Discover the unique and flexible program of individualized business.
The Individualized Business program at BGSU offers a unique opportunity for students to obtain a broad business background or tailor the program to their specific needs. A wide range of study areas, courses and careers are possible with an individualized business specialization including general management, small business or family businesses.
• Students can tailor their classes to what they are most interested in with the consultation of an academic advisor.
• Major companies hire our Individualized Business students, including: National City Corporation, Marathon Ashland Petroleum, State Farm Insurance, Sherwin Williams and more.
• The Business Career Accelerator assists students in obtaining internships that pertain to the students industry of interest.
• The majority of students have jobs at graduation with an average annual salary of $55,000.
• Students can study abroad to enhance their degree or minor
“This program is very unique. Our students work with an advisor to tailor their specialization to meet a very defined career goal.”
– Raymond W. Braun, Dean, Schmidthorst College of Business
GRADUATES IN THE PROFESSION
BGSU individualized business students are Going Beyond Business As Usual at companies throughout the world! The college has alumni working in all 50 states and in 13 countries.
• Abercrombie & Fitch
• Bank of America
• Campbell’s Soup Company
• GE Lighting
• John Deere
• Owens Corning
Upon completion of the baccalaureate degree, students in Business Administration are expected to be able to:
Goal 1: Students graduating with a BSBA degree will demonstrate competency in business knowledge and its application
Outcomes: Students will -
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamental knowledge in accounting, economics, finance, business statistics, operations & supply chain management, business law, organizational behavior, marketing, information technology, management science, and global strategy.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using business-related software applications.
- Demonstrate competency in integrating knowledge across business disciplines.
Goal 2: Students graduating with a BSBA degree will demonstrate competency in applying appropriate problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
Outcome: Students will -
- Identify a business problem, develop and critically evaluate alternative solutions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Assess the outcomes of a course of action and make appropriate adjustments.
Goal 3: Students graduating with a BSBA degree will demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills
Outcomes: Students will -
- Effectively write a business document.
- Make effective oral presentations in both individual and team settings.
- Demonstrate the understanding and application of teamwork.
Goal 4: Students graduating with a BSBA degree will recognize the ethical aspects of business.
Outcomes: Students will -
- Recognize the context of the ethical situation (economic, legal or cultural).
- Define the ethical responsibilities of business organizations.
- Describe the ramifications of unethical behavior.
Accreditation and/or Program/Cluster Review
Bowling Green State University [BGSU] is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. BGSU has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission since 01/01/1916. The most recent reaffirmation of accreditation was received in 2012 - 2013. Questions should be directed to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
The Business Administration program is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and is in good standing. For more information, click here.
The Business Administration program, Accounting specialization, is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and is in good standing. For more information, click here.
Professional Licensure (If applicable)
Bowling Green State University programs leading to licensure, certification and/or endorsement, whether delivered online, face-to-face or in a blended format, satisfy the academic requirements for those credentials set forth by the State of Ohio.
Requirements for licensure, certification and/or endorsement eligibility vary greatly from one profession to another and from state to state. The Business Administration program does not lead to professional licensure.
Requirements for licensure, certification and/or endorsement eligibility vary greatly from one profession to another and from state to state. The Business Administration program, Accounting specialization, leads to professional licensure. For more information, click here.
Gainful Employment (If applicable)
Under the Higher Education Act Title IV disclosure requirements, an institution must provide current and prospective students with information about each of its programs that prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.
The Business Administration program is not a recognized occupation that requires a Gainful Employment disclosure.
- Applied Economics
- Business Analytics and Intelligence
- Individualized business
- Information systems
- Information systems, auditing, and control
- International business
- Sales and Services Marketing
- Supply chain management