Why Study at BGSU
BGSU Schmidthorst College of Business among nation’s top 30 public business programs
Among top 1% of business schools worldwide accredited in both accounting and business
AWARDS & ACCOLADES:
We are among the top 30 of business programs at public institutions in the nation.
The Hatch, similar to the television show Shark Tank, is gaining worldwide recognition and over $600,000 has been committed to student start-ups.
Our Supply Chain Management Program is ranked among top 25 in North America by Gartner. The #21 ranking makes us the second highest SCM program in Ohio.
The Beta Alpha Psi accounting chapter is ranked number two in the U.S. and has earned “superior chapter” status for more than four decades.
BGSU’s chapter of the American Marketing Association is among the top 10% of chapters in the country and the Supply Chain Management Association is among the top ten in the world.
- The Schmidthorst College of Business was founded in 1935 and currently has more than 1900 students.
- Graduates from the college have an average starting salary over $54,000, among the highest at Ohio universities.
- The CoB networks with more than 1,600 companies to help our students secure full-time jobs and internships.
- The average hourly wage for CoB interns is about $16 per hour.
- 78% of business students complete at least one internship.
- Nearly $500,000 in scholarships is awarded annually to business students.
- Business students have the opportunity to study abroad throughout the world at AACSB accredited universities.
- We will be opening a new business building by fall 2020. The focus is on active learning classrooms and collaborative spaces. Watch the progress here.
Dr. Dwayne Gremler, professor in the Marketing Department and a Fulbright Scholar, is a world-renowned expert on services marketing as well as a Distinguished Teaching Professor. He has been recognized with numerous national and international awards for research, teaching and service.
Dr. Hokey Min, James R. Good chair of Global Strategy, is among the most cited supply chain authors and is world-renowned for supply chain/transportation logistics research.
Dr. Deborah A. O’Neil, associate professor in the Department of Management, and Dr. Ibrahim Capar, assistant professor in the Department of Applied Statistics and Operations Research, have papers accepted at an ABS (Association of Business Schools) top tier journal (rank 4). The ABS list is the Gold Standard.
Dr. Jan Hartley, professor, in the Department of Management, is the president of Decision Sciences Institute, the premier interdisciplinary global scholarly society for business school professors.
Management professor Dr. Sherry Sullivan has received national and international awards for excellence in the management field.
The College has alumni working in all 50 states and in 13 countries.
Our graduates are making a global impact as business executives at companies throughout the world. Adobe Systems – Bank of America – Boeing – Buzzfeed – Campbell’s Soup – Coca-Cola – Facebook – GE Lighting – Golden Corral – John Deere – Libbey – Marathon Petroleum – Wells Fargo – White Castle