Vision, Mission, Value Statements and Strategic Goals
Our vision is to transform lives through excellent business education, impactful research and meaningful service.
CBA Mission and Values Statements:
The College of Business Administration faculty and staff educate and develop tomorrow’s business professionals through a student-centric approach, create impactful research, and serve our local, national, and global communities.
- Faculty and students engaging with the business community
- Diverse, inclusive, and global perspectives
- A personalized, interactive environment for learning
- Research that is meaningful to scholars and practitioners
- Bringing relevant and up-to-date scholarship into the classroom
- Innovative and effective pedagogy
- Emphasizing the importance of innovative and critical thinking
- High ethical standards in the pursuit of teaching, research, and service
- Student engagement in curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Supporting students in their academic and career success
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Collaboration and teamwork
College of Business Administration Strategic Alignment to BGSU Goals
BGSU Goal 1 - Engage undergraduate students in a unique BG learning experience that fosters engaged citizenship, global leadership and career preparedness which will lead to life-long success.
- Improve six year graduation rate from 55% to 65% by May 2021.
- Provide each student an experiential learning experience such as coop/internship, service learning, or capstone course.
- Increase permanent placement rate at graduation from 40% to 50% by Fall 2017
- Increase response rate for the senior survey from 70% to 85% by Fall 2017.
- Increase intern/co-op inventory from 292 to 500 by Fall 2017.
- Increase our jobs inventory from 466 to 600 by Fall 2017.
- Foster student engagement in student organizations and college sponsored events through CBA Rewards Points.
- Review and refresh the applied business curriculum.
- Increase the student value and reputation of the Business District.
BGSU Goal 2 - Link graduate programs strategically to scholarship and research pursuits.
- Redesign the Masters of Economics program to focus on financial economics.
- Increase participation in consulting assignments of graduate assistants in Center for Business Analytics.
- Facilitate research projects among EMOD students.
- Evaluate College Credit Plus to determine feasibility of accelerated bachelors/masters program.
- Complete evaluation of the feasibility of executive doctorate in Organizational Development and include interdisciplinary cognate.
BGSU Goal 3 - Expand academic, research, and public service partnerships with regional communities, the State of Ohio, and other universities; and with national and global private, nonprofit, and governmental entities.
- Encourage participation by faculty and students in professional organizations.
- Recognize the value of leadership roles in professional and academic organizations.
- Work with regional community colleges to promote four year degree completion.
- Grow insurance program to meet industry needs in state of Ohio.
- Partner with the University of Toledo for the Women in Leadership Conference.
- Expand the use of The Hatch curriculum internationally.
BGSU Goal 4 - Advance global engagement through learning, discovery and service.
- Expand the education abroad program to include relationships with additional universities.
- Increase the number of international students attending BGSU from our international university partners.
- Encourage faculty exchanges between the CBA and our education abroad university partners.
BGSU Goal 5 - Build a campus and community that fosters, celebrates, and appreciates diversity and inclusion.
- Encourage chairs and faculty to actively recruit diverse faculty and staff.
- Increase visibility of Not In Our Town within the college.
- Foster gender diversity by hosting a Women in Leadership Symposium.
- Recognize cultural diversity through celebration of international holidays.
- Support student chapter of National Association of Black Accountants.
- Explore creation of a student organization supporting multicultural/diversity in student organizations.
BGSU Goal 6 - Enhance the well-being and quality of life of BGSU students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends.
- Recognize faculty, staff, and student excellence with awards programs.
- Promote faculty, staff, and alumni success to external constituents.
- Encourage faculty and students to enter national/international case competitions.
- Encourage healthy life-styles through CBA activities
- Continue expanding and improving student advisory and placement services.
BGSU Goal 7 - Develop a physical and financial infrastructure that ensures the short- and long-term success of the BG experience and enhances the development of the BG family.
- Increase traditional freshman enrollment to 450 by Fall 2017. Increase enrollment through degree completion program and participating in College Credit Plus Program.
- Increase freshman to sophomore retention rate to 80% from 71% by Fall 2017.
- Host at least 3 major events per semester to attract the community to our College.
- Foster the entrepreneurial spirit on and off campus through E-Week programming.
- Continue to grow enrollments in graduate programs.