The Student Recreation Center features a 35-foot tall climbing wall that provides opportunities for novice, intermediate, and advanced climbers. Climbers must purchase a Climbing Wall Membership at the SRC Welcome Desk. Belayers are required to pass a skills test and be re-approved by Recreation and Wellness staff annually. Rental opportunities are available.
Spring 2021 Hours | January 9 - April 22
Monday - Thursday: 6 - 9 PM
BGSU Wellness Days: Regular Hours
Exam Week: Closed
Climbing Wall Safe Reopening Policies
- Facility Capacity: 22 customers | 3 staff
- Maintain physical distance of at least 6’ at all times with other Climbing Wall users.
- Climbing holds are sanitized when removed from the wall prior to storage.
- All rental equipment is provided FREE of charge.
- Rental shoes are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Harnesses are quarantined once returned and remain unavailable until the next day.
- Employees wear gloves or sanitize hands before and after handling rental equipment.
Good Health Practices
- Face coverings are required at all times including while actively climbing.
- Use of hand sanitizer is required before and after climbing.
- Personal chalk is not permitted. Alcohol-based liquid chalk is provided to climbers FREE of charge.
- Use of street or tennis shoes is strictly prohibited. All climbers must use personal climbing shoes or FREE rental shoes.
Climbing Wall Memberships
One semester (fall or spring) memberships for the climbing wall can be purchased at the Student Recreation Center Welcome Desk.
- Semester Pass: $40.00
- Day Pass: $5.00
Rent the Climbing Wall
The Climbing Wall is a great option to kick organizational meetings up a notch, celebrate team accomplishments, or have a birthday party. The helpful and knowledgeable Outdoor Program staff are trained to belay and provide the encouragement and know-how to make any event effective and memorable. Rental includes access to equipment and 2 staff members for up to 15 climbers. An additional staff member is required for every additional 5 climbers.
Rental is not currently available.
BGSU Student Organization/Office/Department: $58 per hour (2 hour minimum booking required)
Community Groups: $73 per hour (2 hour minimum booking required)
Additional Belay-Trained Staff Member: $15 per additional hour(s)
Rental includes access to equipment and 2 belay-trained staff members for up to 15 climbers. An additional staff member is required for every additional 5 climbers.