The Student Recreation Center features a 35-foot tall climbing wall that provides opportunities for novice, intermediate, and advanced climbers. Climbers must purchase a Climbing Wall Membership at the SRC Welcome Desk. Belayers are required to pass a skills test and be re-approved by Recreation and Wellness staff annually. Rental opportunities are available.
Fall 2021 Hours: August 26 - December 9
Monday - Thursday: 6 - 9 PM
Winter Break: December 10 - 31: Closed
- Day Passes: $5 | Fall or Spring Semester Memberships: $40 per semester
- All rental equipment is provided FREE of charge.
- Rental shoes are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Personal chalk is not permitted. Alcohol-based liquid chalk is provided to climbers FREE of charge.
- Use of street or tennis shoes is strictly prohibited. All climbers must use personal climbing shoes or FREE rental shoes.
Purchasing a Climbing Wall Pass
- Semester or day passes are available at the Student Recreation Center Welcome Desk, through the BGSU RecWell app for iPhone or android, or online using the new MyRec portal: https://myrec.bgsu.edu/
- BGSU Students, Faculty & Staff: When logging in, select ‘BGSU MyRec Login’ and use your BGSU username and password.
- Community Members: Contact Julia Adams at email@example.com to receive your username and password.
Rent the Climbing Wall
The Climbing Wall is a great option to kick organizational meetings up a notch, celebrate team accomplishments, or have a birthday party. The helpful and knowledgeable Outdoor Program staff are trained to belay and provide the encouragement and know-how to make any event effective and memorable. Rental includes access to equipment and 2 staff members for up to 15 climbers. An additional staff member is required for every additional 5 climbers.
For More Information:
Coordinator - Member Services and SRC Operations, BGSU Department of Recreation and Wellness
419-372-7485 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rent the Climbing Wall for your Organization, Group Outing, or Birthday Party
BGSU Student Organization/Office/Department: $58 per hour (2 hour minimum booking required)
Community Groups: $73 per hour (2 hour minimum booking required)
Additional Belay-Trained Staff Member: $15 per additional hour(s)
Rental includes access to equipment and 2 belay-trained staff members for up to 15 climbers. An additional staff member is required for every additional 5 climbers.