Climbing Wall Hours of Operation
Regular Fall Hours: October 3 - December 1: Monday - Thursday: 6 - 9 PM
Thursday, November 17: Closed (Swim Meet)
Thanksgiving Break: Wednesday and Thursday, November 23 and 24: Closed
Exam Week: December 5 - 8: Closed
Winter Break: Closed
FREE Climb: January 9 - 19, 2023
Open to all BGSU students, faculty, staff, and community members.
Regular Spring Hours: January 9 - April 21, 2023: Monday - Thursday: 6 - 9 PM
Spring Break: March 6 - 10, 2023: Closed
Exam Week: April 24 - 28, 2023: Closed
Membership and Admission Charges
The newly-renovated 35-foot tall climbing wall offers opportunities for novice, intermediate, and advanced climbers.
- Day Passes: $5
- Fall 2022 Semester Memerships (October 3 - December 1):
- BGSU Students: $18/semester
- BGSU Faculty/Staff/Retiree/SRC-Member: $24/semester
- Non-SRC Member (Adult): $30/semester
- Non-SRC Member (Child): $18/semester
- Spring 2023 Semester Memberships (January 9 - April 21):
- BGSU Students: $30/semester
- BGSU Faculty/Staff/Retiree/SRC-Member: $40/semester
- Non-SRC Member (Adult): $50/semester
- Non-SRC Member (Child): $30/semester
- All rental equipment is provided FREE of charge.
- Rental shoes are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Personal chalk is not permitted. Alcohol-based liquid chalk is provided to climbers FREE of charge.
- Use of street or tennis shoes is strictly prohibited. All climbers must use personal climbing shoes or FREE rental shoes.
- Trained staff are available to assist and instruct.
- Belayers are required to pass a skills test and be re-approved by Recreation and Wellness staff
- Semester or day passes are available at the Student Recreation Center Welcome Desk, through the BGSU RecWell app for iPhone or android, or online using the new MyRec portal: https://myrec.bgsu.edu/
- BGSU Students, Faculty & Staff: When logging in, select ‘BGSU MyRec Login’ and use your BGSU username and password.
- Community Members: Contact Julia Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your username and password.
Rent the Climbing Wall
The Climbing Wall is a great option to kick organizational meetings up a notch, celebrate team accomplishments, or have a birthday party. The helpful and knowledgeable Outdoor Program staff are trained to belay and provide the encouragement and know-how to make any event effective and memorable. Rental includes complimentary access to climbing equipment and gear.
- BGSU Student Organization/Office/Department: $79 per hour
- Community Groups: $100 per hour
- Belay-Trained Staff Member :$15 per hour (As determined by SRC Management)
For More Information: Julia Adams, Coordinator, Member Services and SRC Operations
419-372-7485 | email@example.com
Updated: 11/15/2022 04:34PM