Join a Falcon Cast
A cast is a group of falcons and...
- A Schmidthorst College of Business program
- For gathering a diverse community of faculty members across a range of disciplines and pedagogical styles
- For the collaborative sharing of best teaching practices through observation and discussion
An opportunity to focus feedback on aspects of course design or delivery important to you!
- to develop new skills or reinvigorate your teaching
- NOT a formalized review process or evaluation where one person is the "expert" to critique your pedagogy
What is the time commitment?
As a member of the Falcon Cast, you are expected to...
- Meet with your small group to discuss personal goals, observe each in their classroom, debrief and share observations
- Share your experience through a short reflection statement to CATL
What are the benefits?
- Create a collaborative learning community amongst peers from across the Schmidthorst College of Business that supports and celebrates teaching innovation
- Receive support and connections to campus resources to increase teaching effectiveness
- Additional feedback and recognition that can be included include in Faculty 180, as desired
What did previous participants think?
- I saw really good ways of conveying the information!
- I never realized the close connection between our subjects as we cover many of the same ideas but in different ways! Now we can help students make the connections too!
- I observed a new approach to class time that was quite useful for me!
- I received the insights I needed to feel more confident taking my classes to the next level!
Updated: 03/03/2023 02:47PM